What's new

Revs have a single hiccup when idle after fuel filter change? 2.2 facelift

RossM

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i CDTi
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm a complete novice, changed the fuel filter, first time doing anything like this.

Basically I've changed the fuel filter, and now it's doing something I've never noticed before, when it idles, the revs have one single little hiccup where it drops below 800, rises above 800, then settles on 800 revs for idle. After that it seems steady. Is this normal? Is it something I've just never noticed before now, now that I'm actually looking for it after the fuel filter change?

For some more info, it's an 06 facelift 2.2 i-CTDi, after chipping away at it all of yesterday, came back to it today and finally managed to secure the filter housing to the bulkhead (almost the entire time working on it was taken up with this :| ), started it up, it took a few tries of starting before it would idle without cutting out, after about the 3rd try it would stay on and I could rev it up. The engine warning light kept coming on though, after maybe another 4 starts, holding the revs at 1500-2000 for 30 seconds to a minute after it's started, then let it idle and turn it all off again, eventually the engine warning light stopped showing, so it all looks good on that front now too. But that entire time, and still even now, I get this hiccup when the revs idle. This happens when the car is first started, and it also happens when I've been revving it and holding the revs up a little, then let it idle.

It's normal mate and could even just be the aircon compressor kicking in

Squeeze the priming bulb until it is hard generally requires 30/40 pumps. Looks like you did the filter change the hard way. LOL I got good at doing mine, after the first time, that awkward little B at the back of the "holder" got lost :) so only had to remove the bulb cover unclip pipes and pull it straight out, It does surrender readily.