What's new

ROAD ANGEL OPTIONS

mikem

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord
Following my being slammed up the ar5e last week at a traffic light , i have had a hire car. This thing has SatNav and whilst not a big fan, I do like the warnings of speed cameras approaching! Had a quick look at what might do that and found Road Angel but was amazed to see how much that costs to keep up to date, £3.99 a month. Also came across this
eBay item number:151183294113
but do not know if it would supply warnings or be updateable??? Anyone got one?
Any economical way of having a warning system anyone?

Highly unlikely that will have speed cam alerts let alone updates for it. The road angels and snoopers are the best cam detectors around. Alternatively get something like a Tomtom, they have a yearly subscription I think or some models have them for free, am sure mine has. Another alternative is phone apps.

I've got an old Tom Tom One and it has cameras indicated on it. It probably still identifies about 90% of them as its not like they are installing new cameras with any great frequency up here anyway. Mobile cameras will require some kind of detector although there are locations approximated on the Tom Tom eg flyovers on the M74/M6.

Tom Tom can be set up to blank the screen if you are 'x' percent over the speed limit. Although not a snooper or database of any description it could help reign in your speed if staying legal was your goal rather than just avoiding cameras - you don't want to blindly rely on technology for anything of course.

u can update speed cameras by yourself

for example http://poiplaza.com/index.php?p=dc&c=42&lpg=&d=&pg=1.

find speed cameras download and.... find somewhere in there instructions how to upload POI to your tomtom or any other gps device

Hopes it helps