What's new

road noise

jonm

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 sport
hi
i have a 2006 accord 2.2 sport the car drives great but quite a bit road noise i have 17 alloys and event and autogrip tyres i know these are cheap tyres , do i change to 16 wheels or fit better tyres to the 17's

jonm said:
hi
i have a 2006 accord 2.2 sport the car drives great but quite a bit road noise i have 17 alloys and event and autogrip tyres i know these are cheap tyres , do i change to 16 wheels or fit better tyres to the 17's
I bought the goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric, wich is a quite and low-resistant tire. Helping a lot to keep the noise down.

I agree, autogrip was noisy tyre. Carefully look for noise level before buy tyres. Anything above 69db will be noisy.

Softer tyre=low noise=comfortable drive=good grip=high wear

Good year f1 asymmetrical is good rated tyre with 67db noise level.

So you will be safe and sound. Make sure you change all 4 in one go that will make a huge impact.

Cheers

Do you have a saloon or tourer?

Having the latter I know they can be quite noisy and tyre choice is just the tip of the iceberg.

Have you considered installing a Noisekiller kit from the www.Nkgroup.co.uk . I have been reading up on the kits they do and recently they have featured in Car Mechanic magazine. Very tempting I must admit

thanks guys for the reply's the tyre's came with the car
they are 94 xl as well, from the hand book the accord only needs 91 's
will try a set of good year f1's
had cheap tyre's on a car few years ago chinese sunny's they were horrendous.

kim
its a saloon i have i dont realy want to get into soundproofing just yet but will keep that site in mind thanks

thanks muhammad
that's a good price £65 each hopeing these tyre's make a big difference

Have you considered installing a Noisekiller kit from the www.Nkgroup.co.uk . I have been reading up on the kits they do and recently they have featured in Car Mechanic magazine. Very tempting I must admit
Thats certainly looks tempting. Do you know if they do a kit for the accord?
Have you dealt with them before? quite tempted myself to give it a go

I have dunlop blueresponse tyres and they are awesome - extremely quiet tyre.
If more insulation is added - i.e. Nkgroup noise killer kits then the cabin noise will dramatically reduce.

Alot of the noise comes from the floor and boot - theres not much insulation in the boot - when i remove the trim to fit the parking sensors theres nothing there just metal.

Hi
Got two eagle f1. Asymmetric on the front today ,78 a corner fitted
They have made a big difference to road noise
And feel less fidgety on broken tarmac all in all well pleased
Get two for the back when they wear a bit

hi
complete change of direction now , saw 16" honda alloys on ebay cheap so bought them
, already had 4 205- 55 -16 xl tyres car rides much better on 16's
would even say it handles rougher roads better and is much quieter , have read a few articles online saying accords are better on 16"s
and that 17's spoil the ride
,maybe doesnt look as good , but for a everyday car it feels better to me
so maybe will sell the 17's