What's new

Saloon and Tourer Front Wings

stu08

Members
Reaction score
Car
TBC
As the ***le above. Are the 7th gen saloon and tourer front wings the same?

Thanks for any info.

Stu

Yes. The car's are pretty much identical up to the B pillar. After that the the tourer gets all big, square, spacious and better looking, while the saloon gets all sloped, less good looking and loses cabin and boot space :p .

Even as a wagon owner, I have to admit it's gopping, whereas the saloon looks really nice.
Far more practical though.

What you on about!

The Tourer is definitely better looking. Take a saloon and a tourer of the same spec and colour, lower them the same, put the same smart looking after market allows on, tint the windows and I guarantee the tourer will look better, turn more heads etc. Yes, partly because it's rarer to see a modified tourer, but mainly because they look cooler.

Even if I didn't need the boot space, I'd still buy the tourer. But then I've always driven estates. I think it goes back to my first car love as a child, Ecto 1 :D .

I'd agree with pretty much everything you said Steve, with one proviso; I'm not a huge fan of the view of the tourer from the rear. Fortunately, that view is reserved for the few people that can keep up with me.. ;)