What's new

Samsung mobiles with the 8th gen Audio system

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
Hi guys,

As the ***le says, Samsung mobiles don't connect to the USB socket in the 8th gen. Later Android versions don't treat the memory on the phone as a Mass Storage Device (like a USB stick), so you cant access the music saved on the phone. Apparently they use MTP media transfer protocol.

Seems that Honda set up the audio for Apple devices, iPhones and iPods.

The issue has raised its head as I'm thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy phone to replace my old iPhone 3GS. The iPhone plugs straight in, charges, and I can access my song and playlists with the joystick wheel on the radio.

Seems like I would only be able to connect the Samsung by AUX cable, which means you cant control the songs too easily.

I'm experimenting with USB sticks. You need to format the FAT32 and then add the MP3s in folders for each artist. You can then use the Joystick to navigate and select songs or albums.

Seems to be picky with USB sticks though, an unbranded one didnt work, but a Sandisk 4Gb cruzer has now worked.

Rich

I just use a 32gb stick for my tunes with no problems.

As for samsung. I think you have to go into usb settings and select mtp for it to work. I think you get an option when you plug it in. I've seen it some where any way.

Personally I'd just get a usb stick so you can plug it in and forget about it. It's less hassle than having to keep plugging your phone in every time.