What's new

Sat Nav Downgrade

Bludclot

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4i Exec
Hi all, I recently (some might say stupidly) ordered an unofficial V2.12 sat nav DVD. It has installed fine. Do not switch off engine on touch screen display. Green bar. Downloaded fine. But now doesnt fire up upon ignition. Just hangs. Its worked twice and new roads are on there but most times it doesnt even read the disc correctly. So I wanted to put the old 2006 disc back I and it wont read that cos the internal memory want s the V2.12 disc. Grrrr.
Does anyone know how I can revert back to my original honda disc ?
Many thanks.

Not possible I think.. I have a similar issue with my wife's FRV and am about to buy a brand new genuine update disc from Holdcroft coz I'm sick of the read errors.

Have a search Alex there was a thread last week the same.
You need to out the old disk in and force download in the hidden memory.
That's if this applies to your version 2 sat nav

Hi, you are correct Brett. I contacted the bloke i got the disc off and he sent me this.
Takes you to a scary place, but fun if you know your stuff. I hold no responsibility if your VSA goes funny or any other eventuality.
I hope this helps anyone in the same predicament:
It worked a treat for me and force downloaded back to my original Version. Phew !! B)

Honda APN2/APN3 Navigation DVD – Instructions for ‘Force Download’
Please follow the instructions below if your upgrade is not automatically accepted by the system.

1. Run the engine
2. Insert the disc (you will get ‘Disc Error’ in the Menu)
3. For models prior to 2007 – Press MENU+ ZOOM (down arrow) at same time for about 2 seconds (for later models – see below)*
4. On the Screen Display select SYSTEM LINK (with a ‘fanfare’ sound)
5. Press NEXT switch (opens CAR STATUS page)
6. Press NEXT switch (opens YAW RATE page)
7. Press NEXT switch (opens DIAGNOSIS MENU page)
8. Select UNIT CHECK
9. Select FORCE DOWNLOAD
10. Screen will appear blank for about 20 seconds
11. Message appears – ‘Please wait. Now downloading software.’ Then ‘Please do not switch off engine’.
12. The progress bar (Green Bar) will appear
13. After approx 45 seconds the Honda Main Navigation Screen will re-appear
14. Message appears – ‘The system provides route information ……etc’
15. Press OK
16. On completion your download will operate and map

*If at stage 3 you are not able to get access to the Hidden Menu, or for cars newer than 2007 you need to carry out the alternative of press and hold the MAP+MENU+CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 2 to 5 seconds instead.

Then follow the earlier instructions. If this does not force the download, then please repeat the steps above. OR,

Another alternative for the forced download – (see attached sheet) which is Press and Hold for approx 5 seconds the MAP+MENU+BACK BUTTON.
Then go to DETAIL INFORMATION & SETTINGS screen
Then go to VERSION
Then press DOWNLOAD (bottom right hand)
Download should now begin. If not, please repeat the process.

If you still have problems, then please try to clean the laser lens with a CD/DVD cleaning disc and leave in the car for 15 minutes. Then try to re-insert the disc for download.

These are common issues with the back-up copies of the Honda navigation disc and will then usually load either after several attempts to insert, or after cleaning with CD/DVD cleaning disc.