What's new

Sat Nav latest version

JTG

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Exec
Hi all, does anybody know what the latest DVD version is for the non voice recognition sat nav units in the 7th gen Accord?

I've searched and searched but can't anywhere near find the information I require. I just need to know what the latest version is, then I can go about sourcing, hopefully without having to resort to main dealer.

Thanks

It looks like the latest version may be 2.11 but that seems too old.

I just bought it for my wife's FRV

Holdcroft Honda will do you a genuine disc for less than £150

Oh that's not actually a bad price at all. Thanks for the info.

I thought it was a rip off to have to pay that much for a disc which is why I brought a copy from ebay.

F6HAD said:

I just bought it for my wife's FRV

Holdcroft Honda will do you a genuine disc for less than £150
Are you serious about that??
The previous owner of my cl7 executive paid €600 (approx £470) for a brand new 2012 DVD. I even got the bill from it?!

i picked up a copy of the 2012 on ebay brand new unopen with the seal sticker still there, genuine disc for £80

Oh yes even £150 is a rip off for a DVD, no argument from me there. Main dealer's know they can get away with charging what they like.

I'm still trying to sort this without going to the main dealer but as a last resort, £150 is a lot cheaper than I've seen main dealers try to sell them for.

I spent more than the £150 on copied discs and even a professional DVD rom service.. But the unit was unreliable.

I then bought a genuine disc and it's been 100% petfect. These units do not like copy discs

I had a very old disk in the car I have just bought, I think it was version 3.05 from 2005-2006. It couldn't even find the street where I live, it was that old. I think the latest version is 3.80 and it contains all the maps for western europe. The only problem is the file size is over 6 GB, so it wont fit on a normal 4.7 GB DVD. You need a blank dual layer 8.5 GB disk and then can only burn at a slow speed. I'd recommend x4. I burned it and all well so far, though not sure how long it will last.

JTG said:
It looks like the latest version may be 2.11 but that seems too old.
According to the Navteq website, 2.11 is the latest version available. Don't know how up-to-date it is; all it says on that page is "MY2011."

I'm tempted to buy one as the disc that came with my car is badly scratched. My DVD drive comes up with read errors when that disc is inserted. From my point of view, £145 for a new disc is a good place to start than £145 + £225 for DVD drive repairs!

Edit: Just found out 2.11 = 2011. Four years is a bit long for a map update lol