What's new

Sat Nav warning message

Tough ;)

Can you explain in more detail of your concern with the warning message please

I must admit it annoys me because it takes a few minutes after starting the car before it lets you press OK
If it let you press OK straight away it wouldn't be so bad.
It wants you to enter a destination before driving but won't let you do anything for a couple of minutes.

Your'e lucky, mine just says "DVD disc is reading an error" :(

it could cover hondas ***es in case of a law suit also.

ie: messing around with sat nav and finding yourself and your car wrapped around a tree.

the 'warning' just is hondas way of saying.. 'we are not liable for screw ups once you press ok the road and maps are all yours'

if they had no warning its possilbe they could be open to a lawsuit in case of an accident.

It's extremely annoying when I want to set off at night. I hardly ever use it anyway. I agree with the original post, I don't want that writing coming up on the screen when I have no intention of using it.

Can you explain in more detail of your concern with the warning message please

There isn't much more detail I can add. The message appears EVERY time I turn the car on. If I then don't wait for the 'OK' to appear then press it, my screen will turn off. I then have to press the 'map' button then the 'OK' button to access the screen. I can understand it being read once, but then it would be nice to have the option to disable it.

It's just a pita!

/\ Yeah that ..... maybe I could understand it if there was a button I had to press to bring the satnav on, but it blinking well comes on every blinking time ....... with that loooong message with a loooong delay ...... and that means that the screen is being lit up unnecessarily and at night it blinds me before I set off. Like a lot of things, why did Honda do this (rhetorical, no need for an answer).

If it blinds you at night why don't you just change the settings so the screen dims automatically when you turn the lights on?

As you said you don't use the sat nav very much anyway and you only have to press the ok if and when you want to use it. If you only want to use the radio or heater settings you can ignore it.

I keep setting my satnav to dim with the lights on but after a few days it seems to reset to daylight only?

/\ yeah that too ..... anyone know where there's a wire to cut and how to get at it and best place to put a switch ? (Honda why didn't you do this)

The brightness button on the right of the row of buttons is for dimming, press it twice I think to dim from bright setting?

/\ correct (I've had my Accord 6 years now) but Honda should have put an on/off switch instead of that message then a loooong wait for it to switch off if you don't press ok (99% of the time I don't press ok)