What's new

Satnav problems... Help!

hidtourer

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4
Hi one and all,

My first post I think which is crazy, but this forum has been so helpful I've not had to ask much in the past. Anyway I have a pretty dark problem that I cannot fix.

Purchased an XCARLINK video harness, which works beautifully with my newly fixed sat-nav, video looks great and play like a dream from the iPod video but.... The sat-nav screen, when switching back to it has gone pink! Everything has a pink tinge behind it :-(

So gutted, I have looked through the hidden menu in the Sat-nav where you can adjust the colours which helps, but does not fix and also does not save the results for when you next power up the car!

Anyone come across this before, what can I do, if anything?

Any help would be greatly received.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt Kemp.

If your getting pink it means that the signal input is being saturated with too much R. If you disconnect the xcarlink does it still stay pink? Check grounding connections on the interface

Hey Matt, apparently this is your second post, not your first ;) . Anyway I was thinking about this the other day after we spoke about it. If this issue was on an arcade monitor, my train of thought would be; when you've got a pink image it normally means you've a problem with green. Meaning there's not enough green (if any) green in the Red/Green/Blue picture.

I'd start with checking the green connection on the wiring harness. One of wires in the harness will be the green for your Sat Nav, chances are that's got a break in it, and that it's at one of the connectors. You need to check it's continuity with a multimeter and then get Nick at work to solder you a repair, or get XCarLink to send you another on account of faulty goods ;) .

Maybe you can find a pinout diagram for the head unit so you know which pin on the connector to check the continuity on. Or you'll just have to go through the whole harness pin by pin until you find a break and go from there.

Or, it could be something completely different :unsure: . But as the problem occurred after you went unplugging and plugging in again, I'd be confident it's a cabling issue ;) .

:)