What's new

Satnav with handsfree caling....opinions?

gerard_finn200

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 Accord i-CTDi
Lads, I'm currently in the middle of installing the Xcarlink (well worth it's price by the way) but while I have the centre console pulled out it crossed my mind to install a car kit. I've looked at 3 mainly, all Parrot units, the CK3000, the CK3100 and the MKi9100. Any opinions on these?

But while I was in the store looking at them I noticed Sat Nav's with built in hands-free caling, now for the same price as the Parrot MKi9100 I could have a Garmin or TomTom sat nav :huh:

I'll take a chance on saying the sat-nav would never be as good as a dedicated Parrot kit but is there much of a difference? Granted the satnav won't silence the radio but with steering wheel controls, I could still have it turned down within seconds and answer the call.

Just figured I'd run it past ye before I go making any decisions! I've only used a satnav once in the last while, but before I go throwing money at a Parrot kit I want some advice on what might be best. A satnav is always handy to have, but is there any need when I don't use it daily. Would the €100 CK3000 kit be enough?

If anyone cares to direct me to a good seller in the UK I can purchase the kit and wiring harness from I'll gladly take their offer over Hal-frauds! :rolleyes:

The Parrot kits are good, I've used the MK6000 in my last few cars for streaming music from my phone through the car speakers (usually sounds better than the standard stereo) and when a call comes in it mutes the standard stereo or the phone music and places the call through the car speakers.

I started to install it in the Accord the other day but removed it again for now as I was pushed for time.
Problems though are that the Accord adaptor lead (SOT-047) doesn't appear to put the music through the tweeters and sub. Also I think the MK6000 which is an older model has a slight problem with my phone when playing music.

Well I have an Xcarlink installed so music isn't an issue its just for calls really. It's really just a case of, will A be better alone or if I get A+B for the same price will some of the features suffer?

The Parrot kits will make your calls nice and clear both for you and the person on the other end of the line.
The satnav option will still only use a small speaker in the satnav unit and will it be any better than putting your phone into handsfree mode?

Ebay is quite good for wiring adaptors and Parrot kits

If you're using a smart phone, won't the satnav on that suffice? My parrot krt is my interface into my stereo, music and satnav are handled via my phone.

If you're using a smart phone, won't the satnav on that suffice?

It probably would if I got the correct software. I don't have daily use for the satnav, the only reason it crossed my mind was the price difference between that and the Parrot kit. If it would do the same job as the handsfree kit it would be as well to have the two for the price of one B)

If you have the right Xcarlink they sell a bluetooth adaptor for it, think its about £50. It just plugs into the Xcarlink. As for the Parrot solution the other half has one in her C4 Picasso and it works great

If you have the right Xcarlink they sell a bluetooth adaptor for it, think its about £50. It just plugs into the Xcarlink.
Yeah I looked into that before buying it but it will only work when the xcarlink is in use! If I have the radio alone on its useless.