What's new

SatNav won't work HELP

skjenkins

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2 iCDTI Sport
Hi guys,

I'm stuck on my satnav again, an error came up on the screen saying Disc Error.

Does anyone know anyone who comes out to repair these as i don't fancy paying out £500 odd at Honda???

Thanks in advance

Scott

Just out of interest, are you using a genuine Honda DVD or a copied upgrade?

Mine did this and I forced a download on the original (Honda) DVD and it started working again.

Someone said here before that copied disks seem to make the laser work harder and burn out quicker. I think there's something in what he said!

Steve

with the radio turned off, engine running.

stand in front of the car with your mean face on. now shout "download you son of a motherless goat!"

after repeating three or four times this won't work, so come back here. hopefully someone will have posted how to do it by then :D

Just buy a multimedia laser lens cleaning disc which has soft bristles and that should do the trick.
Actually, it won't. The cleaning disk works by playing a song or a video clip, thus making the lens go through the tracks where the brushes are. The satnav dvd drive will try to find specific info on the cleaning disk, when it doesn't, it will give you the error and will not go through the brushes... The only way to clean is to disassemble or the ruler with the wet wipe method.

Hi guys,

I'm stuck on my satnav again, an error came up on the screen saying Disc Error.

Does anyone know anyone who comes out to repair these as i don't fancy paying out £500 odd at Honda???

Thanks in advance

Scott

Scott i had the very same issue with my sat nav unit in my 05 accord, it may sound funny but listen to me it worked for me. this is usally because the lazer is dirty, if u simply get a butter knife, baby wipe (not to wet) damp is sufficent, and wrap it around the knife, eject the sat nav cd, put the knife carefully into the dvd loader and move from side to side a couple of times, when you remove it, it should in fact be dirty and reload the cd and it should work..try this and see, it worked for me every time..and saved major money on honda to look at it, because quite frankly they quoted me a number that would make you wana cry lol.........

it is also easy enough to remove the drive and take the lid off.

just remove the drive, cotton bud, hint of aftershave on the lens and done! i have down my own car and two members cars on here and its worked.... if you want to do the cd cleaner method then make sure the cleaning disc has long enough brush bristles to touch the actual lens, as the lens on these drives are in a funny position and most lens cleaner dont touch the actual lens...

hi scott

isnt it hold menu map and back together for 5s till beeps to get into the hidden diagnostics menu. you can do a force download there.

i had trouble with this trying to downgrade my satnav disc an i had to press menu and zoom down for 5s to get into the hidden menu - forced download and all works fine now

hope this helps

Arghh - help - just got the same problem - tried the knife with damp wet wipe but alas hasnt worked - how do i get this damn thing apart to get inside the drive to clean the head ?

Thanks
T

Arghh - help - just got the same problem - tried the knife with damp wet wipe but alas hasnt worked - how do i get this damn thing apart to get inside the drive to clean the head ?

Thanks
T
Have a word with Jav or Shabz ;)

Check out the various iPod threads to see how to get the DVD player out.

knife...............wet wipe..................................oh dear me. try the leist invasive things first people like a decent dvd lense cleaner disc.

umm.. let me see - did i try that first - OF COURSE I DID several times !!!! :angry:

Either way and i have to admit this is rather odd - i ran the disc cleaner through again a couple of time the following morning and its now behaving. I guess there must have been soemthing in there which i cleared with the knife and then moved out the way with the cleaning disc second time round.
T.

No need to shout.