What's new

Second clutch also camber issue

impne

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer type s
Car was in for its second clutch yesterday. Car has now done 83000 really faultless miles in my ownership. Clutch was done 2 years ago but just started slipping again.
Honda stepped up to the plate again and paid for most of the work, I paid £300 so am pleased with that.
They did a health check on the car and to my amazement the rear tyres which aren't very old were worn down. Both outside edges were 5mm but middle and inside were 1mm :eek:
Had tracking done i think beginning December last year at revolution in Newcastle using hunter system.
Revolution told me they could adjust the front of these cars but not the back???
Honda dealer has told me they could do the rear?
Has anyone had the rear of their cars done without upgrading arms?
I think the wear is mainly down to the work kit I always have in the car so should really get it set up with all kit in the boot.
Anyone who has had rear done if it is possible, where did you go, I'm needing north east/north area
Am looking at getting it done away from dealer has they've had 3 stabs at it before and failed so rather go elsewhere if possible
Any help info greatly appreciated

Lee im sure honda do the shorter camber arms for this problem.If not then go down the after market road this is the only way.

Lee im sure honda do the shorter camber arms for this problem.If not then go down the after market road this is the only way.
Hi Brett
I thought about it but should be selling the car sooner than later so don't really want to start pulling out for parts if there is a way to just adjust it by hunter or alike.
If not i will go down that route as don't want to skimp on the car if it needs doing it needs doing
Odd ive not had this issue before as far as I can remember.
I have been carrying a bit more testing equipment lately though
Interesting on the shorter arms, surprised honda didn't mention it really
Think ill ring them anyway tomorrow as if not too expensive I could get them fit them myself then get tracking done

Hi Brett
I thought about it but should be selling the car sooner than later so don't really want to start pulling out for parts if there is a way to just adjust it by hunter or alike.
If not i will go down that route as don't want to skimp on the car if it needs doing it needs doing
Odd ive not had this issue before as far as I can remember.
I have been carrying a bit more testing equipment lately though
Interesting on the shorter arms, surprised honda didn't mention it really
Think ill ring them anyway tomorrow as if not too expensive I could get them fit them myself then get tracking done
Im sure Jav had the shorter arms on his car so it might be worth pm him

Cheers
Sent him a pm

Good stuff Lee hopefully Jav will clarify this.
Just for the record I have the same problem in my 8th gen.
When I tow the caravan I get inside wear on the rear tires so I think it's down to the weight on the back.
Since I haven't towed the car is fine.

damn good result on the clutch dude B)

Can't fault dealer for work but I did all the chasing about when I think the dealer should have been talking to honda not me.
Anyway top result by honda in my opinion, I'm happy

The dealer I took it to did a health check on the car.
Both front wipers need replacing, I said odd as they are new, could it be oil on the screen from motorway travelling?
One clean later and oh yes it must be, mmmmmm ok
Your battery is at 75% again I said it's new, have you had the lights on without it running? Possibly, again.....mmm ok
There were a couple of daft things like this that when I looked and pointed out they were all ok, extra fast buck trying to be made by the dealer? I said you'd really need to redo your health check.
I also pointed out after my own inspection of the car a drop link with soon need to be changed, I said you must have missed that one eh
Morel of the story in my view anyway never trust a garage and always ask to see the problem they've found before you let them dismantle your car to change parts that don't need changing ;)
Anyway ordering lower arms same as Jav so car will be tip top again very soon

Yup wipers and battery are easy quick buck things for them to flog to you.

Good result with the arms Lee I new I wasent going mad and Honda revised this part

Well another twist to the story
Phoned Holdcroft and mine already has the revised arms, all cars 2006 onwards had these fitted as standard.
I was going to change the car soon but after talking to Lee at Holdcroft I think I'm going to get the full handling pack with new shocks and springs all round and aftermarket rear adjustable lower arms and keep the car for another year.
Hopefully this will sort out the problem. I'm running std original shocks with eibach springs at the moment which have been really good but possibly rear shocks have gone and with the load I carry this is causing the problems
Holdcroft as normal have given me a very good deal on the kit

Bother another twist
Lee the manager of sales at holdcroft passed my info to sales and they phoned me with very good discounted offer on a car coming in
Now don't know if I should go for that or keep mine for another year :huh:
Going to have a good think over weekend