What's new

self diagnostic codes

Diesel Dave

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
hi saw this on youtube seems to refer to the 7th gen will this work on the cdti models as well as petrol.

asking before trying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKcwkWsHk98

Shorting pins to get codes (often with an LED in series) is an old trick, but if you need to access the codes often it's probably wiser to spring for a cheap reader. There's less risk from wrong connections, and less chance of interpreting it iincorrectly

Shorting pins to get codes (often with an LED in series) is an old trick, but if you need to access the codes often it's probably wiser to spring for a cheap reader. There's less risk from wrong connections, and less chance of interpreting it iincorrectly

yes i no , i have a obd reader but it does not read abs codes , i dont belive in paying a dealer £40 plus for a minutes work to tell me the vsa module has blown thought this would be the way to go as its a honda 7 gen in video

Ah gotcha - I have no idea why so many readers don't interrogate ABS codes. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but you'd probably want a definite diagnosis before springing for an expensive repair. No friendly local place who'd do it for a pint? :)

It's because the ABS and AIrbag are seperate module's which the generic code readers cannot interrogate..

It might be an ABS sensor rather than the module, try any local motor factors, a lot of them have Snap On machines now and might read for £10.

My VSA warning light came on a couple of weeks ago on my 56 plate cdti (but not the ABS light) and having read the VSA sticky I decided to try the self diagnosis.

Shorting out top right hand and bottom 4th from the right pins with a paper clip gave on the dash
SCS SERVICE
DTCB1177 PA50
with flashing codes 25 and 61

I called at Blackpool Honda who confirmed that I had the upgraded modulator (57110-SEG-E610-M1 DE[TYPE:EGVVW] SEGE6 which is the current replacement reference 57110-SEG-E61) but the technicians apparently didn't recognise the codes and said it would be half an hour labour to diagnose (£40).

I was pretty sure it wasn't a rear wheel sensor as the ABS light would be on, but to check I disconnected the yellow socket and indeed the ABS light came on. Unfortunately when plugged back in the ABS light stayed on and despite cleaning the pins and smearing with vaseline it stays lit. The sensor unit has a resistance of around 15k ohm so isn't open circuit. The diagnosis now shows code 34 in addition to 25 & 61.

BBA Redman's site has a list of Civic codes but not Accord ones and I haven't been able to find them anywhere on the internet, so does anybody know what the codes are? I ***ume they will be the same as the snapon diagnosis codes apart from the -1 suffix (ie 66 instead of 66-1 which is the one most quoted in the forums).
34 must be (offside?) wheel sensor

I don't fancy disconnecting the nearside sensor to check the sensor resistance as I wouldn't be able to detect that it had reconnected properly.

Fortunately my MOT is not due until November (as these warnings will soon be failures).

Update

The ABS sensor is around 800 ohm (not 15k) and the yellow plug & socket are ok - I connected the pins and socket holes with wire and checked the connection.
I have also switched the ignition on and off 20 times to see if this would clear the ABS warning but no joy.

Update

The ABS light cleared itself as soon as I started driving the car.

Also I have posted a link to the list of DTC codes on the General Chat forum

My fault (code 25) is the Yaw Rate Sensor which is a unit behind the console underneath the satnav. Looks like being expensive.

Update

My fault (code 25) is the Yaw Rate Sensor which is a unit behind the console underneath the satnav. Looks like being expensive.

Hi Everybody, i'm getting the same code 25 Yaw Rate Sensor but can't find it's location... Removed ash tray, pocket and even cd player to ensure everything is clearly visible but underneath found just SRS unit and sound amplifier, Have anyone got ideas where it might be located ? Even googled a lot but no info found...