What's new

Shell Fuelsave

Unless you want to quote MPG figures to petrol owners of course ;).

Yes, in that case, having taken both trip and tank fill readings, whichever is greater would definitely be the more accurate!

:lol: :lol:

I did the feulsave and v power and i lost about 40 miles, maybe it was me but the car felt less responsive. I always fill up vpower, signed up to the vpower club and the rewards are not great but the reward voucher comes in handy as I use shell for my van too.

sorry for taking so long to reply. all mpg calculations where done by good old maths... fill up tank, drive x miles, fill up tank again using same pump.
i was very supprised to get such high mpg but thats what you get when you slow to 55 - 60 on a very long trip!

Quick update as it is nearly a yea now...

Untitled.jpg

Dan, your V-Power was in the Summer and Fuelsave in the winter, so I would expect some drop in economy anyway. Also Excellium seems best ;)

Ho hum, I am sticking to V-power whatever as it feels more responsive and has better cleaning properties. Also by your table Dan its about the same average cost either way! :D

Oh and also the price of fuel has climbed considerably I noticed so wouldnt that throw it out?... Look how cheap V-Power was back in April 2010!!!

Get that poor transit back on V-Power!

Nick,

In the van I noticed very little difference between the fuels - but then it is hardly the most refined drive; although far better than the R regged 1.9 VW I had before.

I will go through the summer on FS then switch back to VPD to give a complete years comparison for both. Sad eh :D

Wish I drove the Honda enough to compare like with like on the engine front, but ultimately it shouldn't matter for our purposes here.

Luckily no matter how I drive into or out of London I pass at least 3 stations with VPD, plus any that are found in between.