What's new

Should i get a 2.4 Executive?

ukcl9 said:
Even tho there is only a few changes on the euro R over the cl9.it makes a massive difference on the road,also the euro R makes you feel special,i never get that in my cl9,you where a lucky chap to be at the launch.i believe if they had sold the euro R in the uk.it would of out sold the ep3.the great thing about the euro R being an import tho,they are holding there value very well.
You say that the LHD car available over here is different from the RHD uk version?

I found this guy listed though..
(image from google)

Nothing more than 12k gbp.... even with 150k km's on the clock.

also find a bunch of 2.2 diesel.
honda-accord-type-r-07.jpg

dynacord said:
As an owner of K24 manual, I would also recommend to get a manual. The vtec powerband is way too small 6000-7200rpm (on stock ECU, with reflash is much much MUCH better 4500-7500). The overall build quality is better than Subaru, the plastic and other interior stuff seem more durable, but the real killer of this car is gear ratios, crazy long gears. No offence to anybody on this forum, but the 190hp rating of this engine is slightly misleading. The car handles very nice, compared to other cars in the same class, but it's not even close to the turn-in of Impreza GT.
If you are interested in more spirited driving (without modifying the Accord) I would recommend searching for a nice Legacy Spec B, which is very similar in size, interior, etc. to the Accord, but is 4x4, of course.

cheers,
Alex
Hi, how is the 190 hp missleading? You mean its really 187 hp? or that you have to get to 6800 rpm to get it?
Because to be honest I find it makes pretty good power even in the lower to mediem rpm even before remap, although I do plan it eventually.
I have owned 2 wrx's too, a JDM classic and a uk WRX PPP, and no you dont get the shove in the back you get from them but I think it feels every bit a 2.4.
Oh and the accord interior quality is definitly better and the looks are 10X better.

I own the accord type s, lovely car and quick enough to leave most hot hatchbacks at the lights, I have driven evo and Subaru. It seems controversial either you want a sports car which has very good handling but not so comfortable or a comfortable car with reasonable handling the type s accord 2.4 is like a hybrid its has power, comfort and better handling.
With a remap, exhaust and air intake upgrade you will be good to go and I disagree that Subaru is as reliable as honda.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Having owned both a 4th gen legacy and 7th gen accord, I would say without a doubt that the Honda is nowhere near as well built as the Subaru in terms of mechanical components and the resistance of the body to corrosion.
You can see that the Honda is built to a price, whereas the Subaru is built to a standard.

Do not ***ume subarus are badly built because the forester and Impreza models have a naff interior.

The Honda, however is still far better built than most of the rest though.

I own the accord type s, lovely car and quick enough to leave most hot hatchbacks at the lights,

With a remap, exhaust and air intake upgrade you will be good to go,

Im sorry a cl9 leaving most hot hatchs off the lights.i think not

But yes a reflash,exhaust maifold will free up a fair few bhp.