What's new

Sidelight LEDs BLUE!

tbourner

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Abarth 595
I bought these as my sidelights were looking very yellow against the 5000K HIDs:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120740679798#ht_2598wt_1273

But now my sidelights look just the other side of legal on the blue scale!! I think it's partly to do with the blueish tint to the plastic, and also probably the claimed 6500K light output of the LEDs.

Anyone else had this problem? Recommend some replacement LEDs for me?

Incidentally, I scratched and bruised my right arm doing the nearside one, that bleedin vent on the arch liner was a bit too stiff and sharp for my liking!

i had LED's on ine and really did not like them.

A, they look you have a mini robot stuck in your side light. B, They are just to blue and C, the light is to direct and does not fill the side light cluster.

I now have these and they are brilliant, Although the bulb is blue you cant see it in the cluster so it is not an issue when installed and they are pure white and a perfect match for my 6000k bulbs.
Also i had 2 LED's fail and these have given me no problems at all. 1000% recommended.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-SUPER-WHITE-501-W5W-XENON-EFFECT-BULBS-SIDELIGHTS-/270785003378?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0c0b3f72

This photo gives you a good idea of how the Mtec bulbs disperse light better than LED bulbs. Notice how they are whiter than the LED bulbs which have a blue tint.

nyikxt.jpg

My camera makes my lights look way more blue than they are. in-fact they are not blue at all. You can see the colour match though.

6697290145_2d607007ce.jpg

I know a mate of mine changed his parks to blue and was told by the copshop to get them off within 24 hours! Mine are more yellow and with an NCT approaching they have to be changed to white, how awkward of a job is it?

Trev.

I may have a set of sidelights in the garage you can have for £10. I know its another trip to me. they are white LED's and will match your hid's

will even fit them for you if need be :lol:

Neil your car is crying out for the honeycombe type S grill and dechroming ;)

Trev.

I may have a set of sidelights in the garage you can have for £10. I know its another trip to me. they are white LED's and will match your hid's

will even fit them for you if need be :lol:
hmmm maybe, do you know what 'make' they are though? I don't want to go through loads of Chinese eBay rubbish really - which is why I was considering spending money on the V-LEDs instead.

Neil.
I got them from ebay but they are not cheap tat, they cost me nearly £18 a pair.

i purchased a set for my father (along with their HIDs) and he has been running them for 3 years.

I purchased a set as 'spares' ... just as i always do :rolleyes: and never needed them.

Me and my spares!

You and your spares are proving very useful for me! :D

i had LED's on ine and really did not like them.

A, they look you have a mini robot stuck in your side light. B, They are just to blue and C, the light is to direct and does not fill the side light cluster.

I now have these and they are brilliant, Although the bulb is blue you cant see it in the cluster so it is not an issue when installed and they are pure white and a perfect match for my 6000k bulbs.
Also i had 2 LED's fail and these have given me no problems at all. 1000% recommended.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-SUPER-WHITE-501-W5W-XENON-EFFECT-BULBS-SIDELIGHTS-/270785003378?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0c0b3f72

Based on your advice, I placed an order today, so hoping they go hand in hand with my hid' s which are at 4300k. Looking to get licence plate lights in white too.

Hello guys, can any one tell me how to change the front sidelight (the small low power one) on 2007 Accord.. its seems like a very tight space?

Also any ideas why head light keep blowing i use Osram bulbs but they last about 3 weeks and go, cheaper bulbs only last a few days.. however since i changed the battery Bosch S4 1 month ago the head light havent blown yet.

Thanks

Hello guys, can any one tell me how to change the front sidelight (the small low power one) on 2007 Accord.. its seems like a very tight space?

Also any ideas why head light keep blowing i use Osram bulbs but they last about 3 weeks and go, cheaper bulbs only last a few days.. however since i changed the battery Bosch S4 1 month ago the head light havent blown yet.

Thanks

side lights are accessed through the wheel arch :) it even states this in the owners manual ;)

for your bulb blowing issues, im not sure, but i would look for a poor earth.
maybe a switch to HID's is on call ?