What's new

Smoking

impne

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer type s
Driving home today, had air on and off a couple of times over an hour journey.

Generally use auto so it has been used all the time.

Still feels very cold.

Turned in on after about 10 minutes of being off and out of the centre vents only white ish thick ish smoke came out but only for 1 to 2 seconds then gone??????

Everything seems to be fine

No smells, car running as great as ever

Any ideas or has anyone had this before in accord or other?

It will be steam as the air is cooled quickly. Happened to my Dad once in his Prelude while driving through France, put the aircon on to recirculate and it went away immediately.

Agree also its probably like when you open up a fridge freezer but keep an eye on it just for good measure.

I've had it too on various cars.
Bit frightening the first time!
It's like opening the freezer door on a warm humid day. Don't think it's anything to worry about.

Edit: Pipped to it by Brett :huh:

It's like opening the freezer door on a warm humid day. Don't think it's anything to worry about.

;)

8000 posts and counting, He is a pro at snippering the right comment! :lol: you should see him bid on ebay lol

8000 posts and counting, He is a pro at snippering the right comment! :lol: you should see him bid on ebay lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: B)

This used to happen all the time with my uncle's BMW 325. He lived in Italy and it would be proper hot in the summer, so he'd crank the air con in the car and when switching it on or off, I forget what exactly, but basically, as you describe, what looks like white smoke would P*** out of the centre console air vents.