What's new

Some help here identifying a part name

Vasco Reloaded

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sedan 2.0i Es
Hello, i was wondering if you guys can help me with a name of a part.
You can see in this picture: http://s28.postimg.org/8g4d10jy5/Honda_Accord_2001_Sport_Rear.jpg

What´s the english name for those ""rubber"?

Here in portugal that´s only sold in Honda dealers and it costs like 300€ the set of 4, that´s why i need the english name to look in another country to see if there are other manufacturers selling those rubbers.

Thanks in advance

It's a "weatherstrip" for the doors.

Thank you jayok, i took a look on ebay and there are several sellers there selling those parts at good price, the problem is i´m afraid it´s for the american model...
Do you know any shop where i can buy those parts for the car on the picture?

Thank you Mr Honda, but with those prices goes around the same i would pay here in Portugal, i was looking for those parts but non-honda(if they exist).
Thanks in advance

Use the part numbers and search via those. The part numbers will at least be model specific and rule out your chances of picking up ones from a different (US) model.

The part number is listed below the site Mr. Honda has given. So, in your case:

72410-S1A-E01 - Right Front
72450-S1A-E01 - Left Front
72910-S1A-E01 - Right Rear
72950-S1A-E01 - Left Rear

Why do you need all 4? Are they worn/broke? Could you get these from a car breaking instead of new ones?

Anyone tried restoring these parts using some kind of sorcery? I´m not a paintor, but i bet there must be some kind of product that sprays some type of rubber instead of ink, is it?

If they're not too far deteriorated, try peanut butter.... the oils in the butter help restore the rubber.

Yeh only think I can think fo uing rubber cleaner or you can try plasti-dipping them, that will give them a rubber coating.