What's new

Somethings not right!

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Hi guys,

I have had this weird noise from the front of the driver side wheel for a while. It only happens when its uneven road. When the wheel goes over it its like somethings loose and knocking. New drop links replaced, been to about 3 garages locally and they all say everything is ok. Nothing loose, cv joints ball joints etc all been checked.

Its hard to explain but when im driving on normal road, no noise nothing....

Has anyone else experienced this or can shed light on this bamboozling problem???

I've been feeling my back end is noisy of late. It was in the garage last week and they said all my links and roll bar bushings could do with replacing. But if all your roll bar and ***ociated parts are fine, then I wouldn't know what to suggest.

Is there anything else loose under the car, like some exhaust parts or under body trim that could just rattle a bit when the road gets bumpy? Otherwise, try turning the stereo up, I find that helps fix noise issues ;) .

:lol: Just realised how the first sentence of my above post reads :blush:

hahaha funny first sentence, stay off the beans mate, lol, anyway no nothing loose mate, everythings intact, im wondering if it could be shock absorber related but if i take it to honda as i said its very hard to diagnose the noise so i havent been as of yet...

double check the lower ball joint. I had this go on me and it took the 3rd garage to diagnose it. its a tricky one to see apparently.

Check if the upper A arms nuts/bolts are tight. Mines were loose when I bought the car and the behaviour was similar.

It could also be the brake pads or callipers which do the noise. Next time when you ear the noise, try to lightly break and see if the noise goes away, if so, you found the problem.

Actually mine is a bit noisy in very irregular roads, which is due to the brake callipers/pads...

Its definitely not ball joint as I had brand new knuckle last year so I will get the upper arms checked first also will check pads and caliper thanks guys

For the upper arms, just get a spanner of the right size, and try to tight the nuts/bolts a bit. You should do this with the all the wheels in the ground, other wise you could damage the bushings. Actually there is a small hole in the upper arm which should be aligned with another hole in the car. This is done by sticking a metal rod over those holes, making the arm to be in the right position when taking off the road wheel and the shock absorber.

As you will not remove the shock absorber at the moment just try to use a spanner, you should be able to tell if they are loose.

my thoughts were upper control arms too, after the obvious links, ball joints.

well had it checked out again, the mechanic checked everything and said nothing was loose...might have to take steves advice and turn up the radio :lol: