What's new

SOT-047 and tweeters

Dave_G

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Tourer EX CTDi
I've just used a Autoleads SOT-047 to connect my Parrot system to the car.
All is going fine except the tweeters and sub aren't being muted yet, not worried about this bit yet because I haven't connected the mute lead yet.

But has anyone actually managed to get their system to use the tweeters and sub while using this lead?
I've had a bit search of the site and on google but not really come up with much.

I've not actually checked whether all of the speakers are working via the lead, but I can say the following:

1) When you connect the mute lead, you have to make sure that it's all the way in the block. Otherwise it doesn't make good contact (some of the other posts describe this in a bit more detail) and doesn't work.

2) I have a parrott mki9000 connected to mine. When I stream bluetooth music it sounds fine, and the bass is fine too. However, it's not as good as when you play music through the CD player - music through my premium sound system has better bass and the volume levels sound louder too. But the streaming music is still very enjoyable, and for me the trade off isn't much of a problem. For me, it means that I adjust the bass/treble levels through the built in graphic equaliser on my phone, and I have to up the volume a bit more on the parrott system.

I hope that helps somewhat.