SOT-047 Cable not supplying power

padraig

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex i-CTDi
Hi all,

Can anyone help me please!

I got an SOT-047 cable (link) but it's not supplying power to my carkit. Has anyone got any ideas? The following is a picture of the cable:

SOT-047.jpg

Padraig, where does it draw power from? The Audio supply?

Have you tried it with a 12v tester?

Padraig, where does it draw power from? The Audio supply?

Have you tried it with a 12v tester?

My old carkit (CK-7W) got its power from the Nokia cable which was hard-wired/spliced into the blue connection cable on the back of the stereo ... I tested this power connection with the new carkit and it did supply power to it.

I haven't tried a 12v tester because I don't have one ... I'm sure I'll find one and test it later.

The new connection does not supply power to the old carkit either.

I'm familiar with the CK7W as I use it myself mate, but not with the new kit. Can only suggest using a tester to do some diagnostics, might be a loose connection or more complicated if the wiring is multiplexed or running through a series of relays etc.

On the ISO cable there were red and blue wires going through fuses which I swapped and now it's powering on (got info from Nokia support forums).

Problem now is, whenever a call is made the stereo shuts off completely (no information at all in the display screen) and there is a 'thud' sound from the speakers but the carkit display says a call is ongoing. When the call is ended, the stereo turns back on and goes back to normal.

Any ideas about this?

Sounds like you've mixed the telemute signal wire with the power wire mate. The thud is your amp sending a pulse to the sub/6x9's and the stereo is going off because you've crossed the wires...

Where is the amplifier located Faddy?

The amp is under the ashtray. The blue connector on the SOT lead plugs into the amp.

I made a post on my phone but I see it hasn't been posted here. Anyway, ya I found the amp. What I did was plug the SOT cable directly into the back of the radio, not the amp. After plugging the cable into the amp it worked perfectly ... well almost anyway. There is a mute lead that the documentation (here) says I must connect up to the back of the stereo in at a certain pin, not sure how to do this. At the moment I don't have this lead connected but whenever the bluetooth system is active and I make or receive a call the radio is muted but the 6x9s in the back and the tweeters by the windscreen are still active.

So, any ideas on how to hook up the mute lead?

Padraig, it's coming back to me now mate... yes you need to plug the loom into the amp!

You also need to connect the pink wire into the back of the stereo block connector. I can't remember which pin, but the wiring loom supplied should have a spade connecter on the end of the mute wire which should slide inside the existing cars block connector.

The diagram should tell you which pin it goes into? That will mute everything including the amp.

At the moment the telemute module you've probably got is forcing the speakers to mute, but not the signals from the amp. The mute wire will kill the audio to everything. It's quite easy actually, just sounds hard to do.

Thanks for the info Faddy! Ya, the mute wire has a spade connector, I must have a look at the connector block at the back later this evening when I get home. After I have it connected I will do the write up so hopefully it will help someone else!

Pink mute wire goes into pin 4 on the bottom row if I remember rightly. When i get a call the sound still comes through the rear 6 x 9 's and tweeters also. If think this normal for this set up.

... the sound still comes through the rear 6 x 9 's and tweeters also. If think this normal for this set up.

Are you saying after hooking up the extra cable the sound still comes through the 6x9s and tweeters? What's the point in hooking it up then?

Pink mute wire goes into pin 4 on the bottom row if I remember rightly. When i get a call the sound still comes through the rear 6 x 9 's and tweeters also. If think this normal for this set up.

Ray, that's not how it should work. And although it was 3 year ago when I did it, I'm sure the connector went into the top row. Everything should be mute and the phone audio only comes out of the front two speakers.

Are you guys using an Autoleads Telemute kit?

Let me do some digging...

Hang on I think Ray is right... This lead is the very lead I'm using. Page 2 shows where the pin needs to go mate.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/PDF_Files/06-047B.pdf

This is the one I use: http://www.nexxia.co.uk/PDF_Files/SOT-047.pdf

Both your link and my link says the mute lead goes into bottom row, fourth from left from the 06-016 module so it's the same mute relay at the end of both our cables. I'm waiting on my Connects2 Aux adapter, will hook up the mute lead while I'm installing that.

Definitely goes in the bottom row, position 4. I remember someone on the old forum asking why the 6 x9 's and tweeter still played. Can't rember what was the reason Autoleads gave.

I put the pink mute lead into the bottom row, fourth from left (was empty) and now all the speakers are muted when I make a call so it's working perfectly now. Thanks for the help guys!

Will do a write up with pics as soon as I get some time.

Did a pictorial ever get done?
Really struggling to get this done myself.
Could do with a proper wiring diagram to follow as the Autoleads instructions are just dire!!