What's new

Space saver

Sgoaty

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 Type S I-DTEC
I noticed my accord hasnt got a spare wheel but instead comes with a compressor and some slime type stuff.

Ive seen the kits on ebay but they seem very expensive.

Has anyone else done the swap?

Thanks
Scott

Very common topic this, have a look at the old posts in this section.

Call our sponsor Holdcroft Honda they can give you discount and free postage, but probably still looking at over £150 for a new one.

The tourer boot has space for a full size wheel so I got a new steel wheel for my spare, but I think you have a saloon which only had room for a spacesaver.

TBH the last puncture I had was in 2003, so I'm not sure the sealant and compressor is such a bad idea, maybe just get some cheap breakdown cover for £35 or so.

I ended up buying a spacesaver. Unfortunately i had a big puncture before i had bothered to put the spacesaver in the car so used the goo etc and NEVER AGAIN!! You can indeed buy a standard wheel for the tourer but as Rich says, how often does one need it. At least with the spacesaver there is some luggage space left.

Bought a spacesaver from a Forum member. haven't had to use it yet, but glad I bought it.
What good is a bottle of goo when you have a blow out

Exactly, I learned this the hard way. Had a blow out and only can of foam. Had to call the RAC... I have a space saver now.

I bought a space saver before my road trip to Italy this summer. Got if from online breaker (24/7 spares £70 I think) and was impressed with the service. Brand new never been used. Easily fits under load area of Tourer, but had to remove the square shaped trim and then pack out the wheel. For £100 I could have had a full sized wheel and legal but used tyre.