What's new

Spare wheel tourer

Rustyrescue

Reaction score
Car
Accord
does anybody know if the MK7 tourer spare wheel well takes a standard size spare (205 55 16) it measures like it may. I could take a wheel of to check but thought ?I would try the lazy way first. My car has only the silly goo kit, it should be illegal to market a car with no spare wheel!!

I didn't trust 15 year old goo that probably has been par boiled by now, so I started carrying a space saver. Will only run it in a rear position though (swap a rear wheel to front if front puncture). I also carry one of those rubber worm type puncture kits, which work well if the tyre has had a nail type puncture. I do quite like the Honda compressor that came with the car.

correct alloy and tyre with 6mm located for £35, sorted. The only thing is the boot floor rattles a little now so maybe I will run a little foam or draught seal under the edge.

Hi, yes, I saw that and even had a bit of stud and a flat bar with correct thread so made a hold down clamp. I think the tyre just holds up the boot floor a tiny bit because I can rock it. It may be having lifted out that moulded tray which sits on the lips between metalwork and boot floor it may have cushioned the rattle!

Hi, I have a 225 x 40 x 18 Civic tyre R spare and it fits fine - a bit tight but that`s a bonus as no rattle 2005 auto exec tourer.

I fitted a standard matched alloy in the boot and made a hold down clamp with some odds and ends and long bolt.

I fitted a standard matched alloy in the boot and made a hold down clamp with some odds and ends and long bolt.
Worth adding by the way...the rattle, ho hum, by co incidence the rear anti roll bar mount bushes started rattling at the time I added the spare!! £8 and it was absolutely silent again.

I think I remember someone from a tyre centre telling me once that if you use the goo you can't repair the puncture afterwards either.