What's new

spare wheel

fatmax

Members
Reaction score
Car
es gt est auto
hi all I want to get a spare wheel space saver .
Honda look pricey. Any one now were to get one cheaper thanks Andy

I paid £160 from HH and wouldent be without it.

Just picking up on this older thread....

I want to add a spare to my 2009 Accord and replace the compressor and tyre weld stuff. Do you guys know if a full size wheel will fit, or do I need to go the space saver route?

Thanks

Tony i don't think a full size wheel will fit in the 8th gen so the space saver option will be your best bet.
This is what i went for when i brought my 8th gen.

As no one seems to be absolutely sure, why don't you try one of your existing road wheels to see if it will actually fit? It'd be a better long-term option if you could get a decent secondhand 'correct' wheel in there. I did this a long time ago with my 7th gen (when it was 3 years old) to replace the latex/pump combo and now that wheel has ended up replacing one of the original wheels after a bit of a hard kerb scuff. And a space saver wheel is a bit limiting when fitted! I guess your biggest problem may be actually buying only one of the correct wheels... I suggest eBay or a breakers.

As no one seems to be absolutely sure, why don't you try one of your existing road wheels to see if it will actually fit? It'd be a better long-term option if you could get a decent secondhand 'correct' wheel in there. I did this a long time ago with my 7th gen (when it was 3 years old) to replace the latex/pump combo and now that wheel has ended up replacing one of the original wheels after a bit of a hard kerb scuff. And a space saver wheel is a bit limiting when fitted! I guess your biggest problem may be actually buying only one of the correct wheels... I suggest eBay or a breakers.

The full size wheel will NOT fit into the wheel well of the 8th Gen Accord. I tried it a while back, the wheel well is too shallow. A space saver is the only viable option. I bough a new one from Lings and got screwed price wise. Suggest you shop around...

Thanks for confirming Deeno. Yes I did think of taking off one of the wheels and trying it, but I am inherently lazy :p

I will look on ebay, and there is currently one on there, although it's a 16" hence why I asked what size people have used.

There is a refurbed 17" rim on ebay which is a match for what I have, but not sure I am willing to pay the £125 odd pounds for that. As it's only a spare I would be happy to use anything that fits, as it will always be a interim solution, but as it won't fit, that is now out as a option.

Tony i orded mine from HH brand new for about £150 job done :) As for a full size wheel it wont fit as the space saver i a flush fit in my boot.So a full size wheel would protrude out of the boot well

I ***ume that included the foam surround and any other bits required?
Yes mate the complete kit so everything sits nice and snug.Tony if you need the discount code for HH just pm me

jrd said:
Hi Brett. I'm looking to buy one from HH. Can you e-mail me the code please.
Hi Brett, I have a 2.0 ES GT 59 Plate Accord and would appreciate if you could e-mail me the info for the spare wheel you have. Also many people on here refer to HH as I am new to forum can you advise on what HH is.

Thanks

Stu

richsprint said:
HH is Holdcroft Honda in Stoke, our parts supplier, you can get discount from them.

The saloon will only take the honda space saver, about £150 from HH, are on Ebay also i think. Tourer can take the space saver or a full size spare.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-ACCORD-16-SPACE-SAVER-SPARE-WHEEL-KIT-2009-/170957917019?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item27cde2cb5b

Ring HH though with our discount code, they will do one for less.
Hi Rich, thanks for the information buddy, nI'm new to the forum so could you please message me the discount code for HH.

Thanks

Stu

Hi Stu,

PM Brett, he is a Admin/moderator, so can give you a code.

I had a full size 17 inch alloy in my wheel well(SALOON). It did stick up slightly but I could still get all my suit cases in for going on holiday etc. If you need every ounce of boot space you'll need a space saver. If not, then I'd try one of your own alloys to see if you can live with the slightly smaller boot.

A a new owner I had not even considered the question till I saw this post, had a look today and was pleased to find a new, unused space saver, and all the tools expected in a molded casing................ :) :)

Hi,

I'm in need of a space saver too. Do Holdcroft Honda still accept the discount code? If so can I get the code off one of you fine fellas?

Thanks,

Chris

If you're prepared to drive to Maidstone in Kent, there's one in the "For Sale" section of the forum, here http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/18449-spacesaver-spare-wheel/
but the link might not work for you until you've made 10 posts
also, HH still do a discount, they are in the Affiliates section of the forum, but again, you probably won't see that until you've made 10 posts.
Until then, someone might give you the discount code, but I can't remember it as I haven't bought anything from them for about 4 yearsnow

My spare wheel and fixing bolt is for sale in the for sale section.

richsprint said:
HH is Holdcroft Honda in Stoke, our parts supplier, you can get discount from them.

The saloon will only take the honda space saver, about £150 from HH, are on Ebay also i think. Tourer can take the space saver or a full size spare.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-ACCORD-16-SPACE-SAVER-SPARE-WHEEL-KIT-2009-/170957917019?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item27cde2cb5b

Ring HH though with our discount code, they will do one for less.
Hopefully getting my 2014 tourer on Saturday.
Will a full size spare definitely fit?

If not will a 16 inch space saver from a mark 7 be suitable -these seem to be going for much less on the well known auction site.

Cheers

Yes full size spare fits under the tourer floor. You have to remove the carpet trim and inflation kit etc. Unclips by 4 press studs around the edge.
Get the bolt to hold it down.
www.mytyres.co.uk do 16" steel spares with tyre for around £120.
Mark 7 wheels are a slightly different size.

richsprint said:
Yes full size spare fits under the tourer floor. You have to remove the carpet trim and inflation kit etc. Unclips by 4 press studs around the edge.
Get the bolt to hold it down.
www.mytyres.co.uk do 16" steel spares with tyre for around £120.
Mark 7 wheels are a slightly different size.
Thanks for that info.
Will have a look a mytyres.
Although I just noticed cox motors have the 17 quartz alloy for £110 . . very tempted
But I think the 2014 accord has wheels with different valve seats for tpms . . .
still it would be OK just as a spare I guess

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk