What's new

Spoiler Re - think

TIPEX9

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
vtec-s
Hey everybody just want a few opinions on this one (constructive ones) :D . I value your opinions on all things accord so here goes.

Since i changed my rim size back down to 16" i'm have second thoughts about having the ATR spoiler on the back as i dont think it ties in aswell as when it was rolling on 18's. Thinking about getting a stock lower level spoiler as i think it would look a bit easier on the eye with the 16's. I know some of the die hard ATR owners think its against the law to have the ATR spoiler on anything other than that :lol: but just gimme some opinions pleeeeeaaaaase ;)

Smaller spoiler on 16s for sure (in my opinion anyway). 16" alloys with a massive spoiler will look a bit "because racecar". I'd say, unless you have Type R performance from mods, I'd avoid a Type R spoilers. Don't want to look faster than it actually is. You'll only play to the negative stereotype of Honda drivers being Ricers :( .

Smaller spoiler on 16s for sure (in my opinion anyway). 16" alloys with a massive spoiler will look a bit "because racecar". I'd say, unless you have Type R performance from mods, I'd avoid a Type R spoilers. Don't want to look faster than it actually is. You'll only play to the negative stereotype of Honda drivers being Ricers :( .

Thats what im thinking, so think im gonna go for that slightly cleaner look. :)

You sir, are breaking the law :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: , wont be the first time :D

Now i know your opinion on it Shiny (like i didnt already) :lol:

Think most people know my opinion on this. I'm with shiny,

I used to have a low spoiler on my 2.0 6th and think it looked brilliant.

I have recently installed a low spoiler(from the sport edition) in mine and it looks great. I think the TypeR spoiler is a bit exagerated, even in a TypeR.

Thats why i removed my type r spoiler from my sport, im now rocking with now spoiler but I fancy a standard sport one. Actually had a guy with an accord sport knock on my door asking.to buy my atr spoiler, I need to catch up with him and try get his standard one. What about a wee spoiler lip like on bmw's? Sure iv seen some on ebay for the accord.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, i'm with you lot on this one. Time to source a low level spoiler in black!

Would think about leaving the boot flush with a lip spoiler like Martin suggested but the holes are there now and cant afford to get them sprayed and filled. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about changing my spoiler on my type r,a carbon dc5 spoiler took my fancy but cant find any measurements for the bolt spacing.
Or possibly a low level s2000 spoiler in carbon?? Completely different with the two posts further in but might look cool

I'm thinking about changing my spoiler on my type r,a carbon dc5 spoiler took my fancy but cant find any measurements for the bolt spacing.
Or possibly a low level s2000 spoiler in carbon?? Completely different with the two posts further in but might look cool

Go for it, you'd get away with it on an ATR. You dont see many ATR's anyway so one with a dif spoiler would really set it apart from the crowd (providing it suited of course) :)

It was more of a case that i cant find an ATR spoiler in carbon,dc2 &dc5 spoilers are easy to find and i dont think there is any difference in the dc2 spoiler and the dc5 spoiler looks a pretty close fit.Just need someone with a dc5 to measure the bolt spacing for me.

I dont think it matters if its not a type r....there is a lad near me with a black 1.8 type r replica.....looks pretty good apart from the arch gap and the red mud flaps.The only problem is when he repeatedly tries to race me and looks like a tool :D

Iv got a Type R Rep from New, as you mentioned above the arch gap is really an awful sight! But coils are 500+ and im in edinburgh most days so it wouldnt work for me

But with 16" definitely a normal spoiler
unless you have 17" wheels
as mine has 17" and looks good with the Type R Spoiler

To off the type R look you need to have a standard accord lowered. Also the exhausts and spoiler is an important factor.

Agreed with Asim, with the wheel size and spoiler choice.

However you can always spot a replica Type R by looking at the number of wheel nuts on each wheel. Type R's are 5 stud and non type R's are all 4 stud. It could have every other feature but most modders never change the hubs. However nowadays with the amount of Type R Accords sitting in breaker yards it easier to get this conversion done.

However you can always spot a replica Type R by looking at the number of wheel nuts on each wheel. Type R's are 5 stud and non type R's are all 4 stud. It could have every other feature but most modders never change the hubs. However nowadays with the amount of Type R Accords sitting in breaker yards it easier to get this conversion done.

Type V's also have 5 studs :D

The most importance difference between a replica and the real thing is the H22a7 B)

Oh, and the LSD, oh and the stiffened chassis, oh and the lack of sound deadening, oh and the twin pot callipers, oh and the Recaros, oh and the momo steering wheel, oh and the pants HIDS, oh...

:lol: :lol:

Pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with the above in that it's probably better to build to your own style rather than imitate another car, as it's probably more sensible to just buy an ATR if that's what you really want :p... I've got a few ideas for my 6th Gen SE Exec that should make it a bit more individual. I did originally look to the ATR for inspiration, but mine isn't an ATR so I thought sod it I'll make it my own car, unlike any before it! :lol: just need to move house first though before I can get back to work on it :(

This is just my 2 pence btw, at the end of the day everyone is free to do what they like with their cars!!

have you seen the **** end of my Tatty old accord?

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/1976leon_album/DSC04286.jpg

it's off a 2000 civic coupe, although where I live there's a Black Accord with the same one, it could have been an option ?

I have, it looks good mate :) I'm going for a Prelude spoiler on mine :p

Looks great, I love those wheels too :) not sure there's space for a mugen spoiler on my hatchback though! The Wings West fits, I might offer up the stock Prelude spoiler too and see how that looks on it