What's new

Squeaking Seat

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Guys,

Before i go out of my way to the dealers, would a squeaky seat be covered under warranty?

The noise is coming from the side support of the drivers seat next to the centre console. At first i thought it was my coat rubbing on it during the morning trip into work, however its defo the seat. If i gently push the support it feels not as rigid as the other side and makes the most annoying squeak!!!!

Warranty runs out end of November as 3yr old so want to get anything fixed i can for free!

Cheers

Jay

Go for it james that's what warrentys are for.

Guys,

Before i go out of my way to the dealers, would a squeaky seat be covered under warranty?

The noise is coming from the side support of the drivers seat next to the centre console. At first i thought it was my coat rubbing on it during the morning trip into work, however its defo the seat. If i gently push the support it feels not as rigid as the other side and makes the most annoying squeak!!!!

Warranty runs out end of November as 3yr old so want to get anything fixed i can for free!

Cheers

Jay

Yeah, I had a very similar problem when my car was under warranty. Very annoying squeak when I leaned into the seat. Honda sorted it, think it was some of the foam rubbing against one of the metal supports.

Deeno,

Good bit of info! At first this seemed to be the left side but now both sides are squeaking. Currently in Holland so will pop it in when i get home.

Guys,

Thought i would give you an update on how this problem is going....... I took the car back to ther dealer on Monday for a check over and they too confirmed the sqeaking seat but not a problem they have face before??

So they have been back intouch today and Honda have asked them to dismantlle the seat and video the squeaking with all the trim removed!!

As its in for its first MOT on Monday next week they will look at the seat then. I will also find out if the car passes with aftermarket HID headlamp bulb kit........... fingers crossed!

It would seem the squeaking seat is a common problem now. There are 2 EX cars on another Accord forum that have this problem too. Also rusty sunroofs seem to be cropping up now. I think there may have been a link to cold weather and creaking seats but no cure has been found yet. The creaking is just two surfaces rubbing together so I think the only thing that could be done is to grease up the metal frame inside the seats and lube up the foam and use leather cream on the inside of the cover.

Are the heated seats used ? I wonder if that could be a connection?

Oh ******! Got the date wrong, car not due in until 12th November! On the up side i have a new CRV to demo for the day.

It would seem the squeaking seat is a common problem now. There are 2 EX cars on another Accord forum that have this problem too. Also rusty sunroofs seem to be cropping up now. I think there may have been a link to cold weather and creaking seats but no cure has been found yet. The creaking is just two surfaces rubbing together so I think the only thing that could be done is to grease up the metal frame inside the seats and lube up the foam and use leather cream on the inside of the cover.

Are the heated seats used ? I wonder if that could be a connection?

Jase, i do use the heated seats but i dont think this is the cause. The movement an squeak is in the side support an i guess that its come loose over the period of time. Just one of those things maybe?

Guys,

Just had the car back following 1st MOT test and Honda have had a really good look at the seat.

They found the foam bolster in the left side seemed to be loose fitting and not adjustable. They will be fitting all new foam section complete with heating element as the 2 are stuck together!!

Find out Friday if it solves the problem.

Guys,

Just had the car back following 1st MOT test and Honda have had a really good look at the seat.

They found the foam bolster in the left side seemed to be loose fitting and not adjustable. They will be fitting all new foam section complete with heating element as the 2 are stuck together!!

Find out Friday if it solves the problem.
Jay did you say this was covered under warranty.

Yep all warranty. Not a common issue they say.

Hi Guys

My seats also start squeaking, anyone know how much dealer wishing for repair it ?
Unfortunately I'm out of warranty :( currently 45k on the clock

Same hear fella but I turn the music up now.

Hi Brett
I sorted out problem regarding squeaking seats yesterday. I tested today as I was driving and no noise. Next week I'm gonna create manual how to fix this problem also I have done some photos so upload them latter. Nothing worry doing this job, all operation took me 3 hours (only one seat) + few beers and ***s :D

Great stuff I can't wait to see the info on to do this as it's driving me mad

+1 on that brett , mines the same and after attempts to squirt wd40 to the inside of the seat bolster its still there , had just put it down to the previous owner .... Seems to be a common wear and tear thing , either that or i need a diet

8thgenfan said:
+1 on that brett , mines the same and after attempts to squirt wd40 to the inside of the seat bolster its still there , had just put it down to the previous owner .... Seems to be a common wear and tear thing , either that or i need a diet
Ha ha me to
It seems to happen on around 40k just around when mine ran out of warrenty bloody typical

Car currently in having the seat back frame replaced under warranty, would of been £1,700!!!!!!!! Hope it sorts the squeaking.