What's new

Stage 2 EGR off with Honda clutch

babak

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord I-CTDI
Is anyone here running the Premier stage 2 egr off on the stock honda 325 clutch?

I was considering switching from the Celtic tuning stage 1 to a premier remap and cannot decide between stage 1 egr off and stage 2 egr off.

Also if anyone has experience switching from celtic to premier could you comment on differences between the maps.

Im running stage 2 with EGR off on my Accord, started to get a slipping clutch after about 500 miles or so - I would recommend you to upgrade your clutch if you want a stage 2

Guys please remember your clutches are not failing due to any remap it's down to Honda's weak springs on the pressure plate.A remap might speed up the process but these clutches will slip with no remap as well.

I think Stefan's question is quite a specific one guys. If you know for a fact you have the revised 325 clutch then please respond to him.

Is anyone here running the Premier stage 2 egr off on the stock honda 325 clutch?

I was considering switching from the Celtic tuning stage 1 to a premier remap and cannot decide between stage 1 egr off and stage 2 egr off.

Also if anyone has experience switching from celtic to premier could you comment on differences between the maps.

To be fair, i've not had any slip for the last 200 miles (car was parked up before that) So I think with the revised clutch there should be no issues

Ironically I've just done one in the last hour, another member (Bartosz). I think he'll post his feedback later. Stage 2 EGR OFF, standard clutch and no idea if it's the revised version or not.

I think it all depends on how you drive it to be honest, either that or parking the car up for a months done the trick :p

I have stage 2 with egr delete from Fahad. I have standard clutch fitted 6 months and 6000 miles ago by Honda. Remap done about 2000 miles ago and all good so far. Like guys have said, it will depend on how hard you drive and how long original clutch been in. It is a recognised weak spot but if you don't drive it like you stole it every day and stick to a bit of spirited driving every now and again to lose lesser petrols then you should be alright for a bit at least.

what are the options for upgraded clutch? i dont want a grabby paddle type clutch, something thats traffic friendly would be nice :)

I think the best option is really the CG Motorsport Paddle clutch, and it's actually quite soft in pedal feel and operation.. Not too grabby in my opinion. It's actually the stock clutch strengthened and modified rather than a totally new performance clutch.