What's new

Steering Wheel buttons area

joooe

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CTDi
Well, the steering wheel area around the buttons is becoming a bit dirty and fading out, and there's also a big chunk of ink missing in the bottom (although it's difficult to see).

What do you think of going all black? The car interior is all black.
Or maybe a dark gray to go with my Skunk2 gear knob?

acclthrwrapsteering.jpg

Hmmmm yeah maybe, looks kinda cool

The best thing is that below the paint ther plastic is black. I just have to find a way to remove the gray paint with damaging anything.
ph34r.gif

And here it is. Used alchool 96%, a cloth and finger rubbing power.
biggrin.gif

Protect the leather and the buttons and go for it.

Before (the missing bit):
p1130703.jpg

After:
p1130728.jpg

Love it!
smile.gif

Hope yiou finished off the alcohol when you were one? :eek:.

It looks really good.... one thing - you put the wheel back on the wrong side! :eek:

:eek::D very good.

Nuno that looks really good mate. So was it quite easy to remove the silver or was it alot of effort?

Also any tips?

Nuno that looks really good mate. So was it quite easy to remove the silver or was it alot of effort?

Also any tips?

It's quite easy, Shabz .
I didn't removed the pieces out of the steering wheel.
Cover the buttons and the leather all around.
Like I said, I used alcohol 96% (don't really know what that means), and it worked. The plastic didn't fade.

But I advise you to test in a hidden area, by removing the paint and see how the plastic reacts. Mine did great.
Just put a few drops of alcohol in a cloth, and start rubbing. It's not needed extreme force, because the alcohol will weaken the paint in a few seconds. Then it's just a matter of patience in the more difficult spots around the buttons.

Hmm nice mod, me likey :D

looks really good, my silver bits are perfect, but i'm still tempted :(

Those bits of trim must pop off easily enough, or is that a case of famous last words...

I did try to take them off. There are two screws for each one in the back of the steering wheel. After getting the screws out, I didn't manage to get the part disconnected from the plug, so I gave up.