What's new

Steering Wheel Control

Nathylad

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 Accord Sport
Hi All,

Was the 6th ever available with steering wheel controls for the stereo?

If I wanted this installed, would it be an easy enough DIY job?

Cheers.

No! And as for a DIY job I would think it would be quite difficult :blink:.

I'll leave it well alone then.

That means I'll have to stretch all the way to the stereo to control the volume. I feel like a caveman ha ha!

Good find Pedro :), although I've got a 98/99 ES which hasn't got it fitted so possibly an optional fitment???

Hi I have been wanting to add steering wheel controls for some time now and after seen this post thought I might play about with the idea of it.

So took the steering wheel apart, and found there is free space for a wire to go on the inner plug , a extra wire is routed inside the clock spindle so I checked the other side of the and found the out pin :D

So I have a spare rover 45 steering wheel witch I have remove the radio controls from and have worked out they use resistive signals to ground on a single wire hehe see where I am going lol

I have just ordered a rover 45 steering wheel control interface with a kenwood patch lead for my double din when it comes I will fit it and post more info

My Type V has stereo controls on the left side of the steering wheel and cruise controls on the right. It only does volume and station /track skip.

Is there anyone who could tell me if it's possible to have my original Cruise Controls on an ATR steering wheel? I've just ordered a second hand wheel and I would really like to know.

I've swapped my accord wheel for an ep3 civic sport one and bought a set of cruise control buttons from an American spec dc5/rsx integra. The plastic on the back of the wheel needs cutting and the wiring plugs have to be cut off and the wires soldered together. :huh:

Thanks for the info vimpto, maybe I'll just take the pcb and connector out of the original module and make it work with some smaller buttons and housing. :)

The volume control is within easy reach and this is a lot of work and expense for nothing in my view.
Now cruise is another matter. I could not be without it.

Volume control is not the issue indeed... Got an aftermarket head unit so I couldn't care less. But I love my Cruise Control and I don't want to cut wires nor cut holes in my lovely MOMO :)