What's new

Strange Heater Issue...

1050rat

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord iCTDI
I just noticed today that my car is blowing cool air when it is suppossed to be warm/hot (24 and above).

On the way home tonight I set temp at 24 and noticed that on front and feet setting my feet appeared to be warm. On pulling into drive I reached down to footwell to feel warm air blowing out but cool out of front / dash vents.

Having just had the car back from a 50K service is this just a coincidence that something (it was fine when it went in) has gone wrong and any ideas on what it is ?!!

PS. I should add that the final notch up to HI results in warm air blowing through fascia as well as footwell vents which is OK but gives no means of temperature control.

All seems very strange and I am looking for some help / guidance as to what this may be.

Car is an 06 plate ictdi sport diesel model (trouble free to date despite brake pressure sensor replaced under warranty recently).

TIA
1050rat

was the inside of the car about 24 degrees?

Do you have the outside and inside temperatures?

If you've just had a service then they've probably changed your coolant. As this is what will provide the heat for your blower i'd guess there is an air lock in the system. There's a bleeder bolt on the cylinder head. You could try re-bleeding the system in case there is any trapped air in there.

Matt

Ermm...looks like we have a case of operator error here...doh

At the weekend I pressed the AC button and a message came up to tell me the AC was Off I wasn't aware it was on as the AC On sign was not diplayed on the LCD dash which I thought it was all the time when it is on....it appears it fades away after a while but is still on...

Sorry for wasting your time...... :blush:

Ermm...looks like we have a case of operator error here...doh

At the weekend I pressed the AC button and a message came up to tell me the AC was Off I wasn't aware it was on as the AC On sign was not diplayed on the LCD dash which I thought it was all the time when it is on....it appears it fades away after a while but is still on...

Sorry for wasting your time...... :blush:
:)

At least you found something out about your car, so it wasn't wasted,

Glad you got it resolved