What's new

Strange Issue ?

Peterbfd

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen GT
Hi all,

Another possible problem to add to my many for the 8th Gen.

This one I have never heard of before and don't even no if it is a start of a problem.
When I press the clutch down and select first gear the car wobbles (I would say jerks but it is not a violent movement just gentle).

Is this the start of a Clutch issue or something normal ?
Has anybody else ever noticed this ?

Pressure plate worn out mate

NOOOOOO...

Why am I so unlucky with the Honda, I dread to think how much this will cost me....

68K on the clock, 13 stamps in the book and the car is 8 years old.
Been well looked after but the problems I am experiencing with this one is putting me off Honda's a bit at the moment.
If the Honda dealers were a but cheaper would help but you have to donate a Kidney to afford their prices.

Don't panic, if the clutch isn't slipping, it's not about to fail. And a clutch can fail on any car.. it doesn't mean you have a bad car

Does happen with clutch still depressed, or as you release the pressure? Does it pull away smoothly, or is this when "wobble" shows itself.

It is when you have your foot pressed down on the clutch and the moment you select the gear is when the wobble is felt (foot still pressing down the clutch).

The wobble I can live with, so long as the clutch does not pack in ......

Try, up against a high kerb hand brake firmly on, let the clutch out gradually whilst in gear, and see if it slips or stalls the engine, by doing this you may also burn off any oil or other contaminant on the clutch plate. I know that I will get some "stick" for suggesting this but it has worked for me in the past.