What's new

Subwoofer Issue

Peterbfd

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen GT
Hi All,

I have now upgraded the front and center speakers and have now noticed that the Sub woofer is not working.

I have connected 3 other subs to the connection and all do not work.
I am also ***uming that if a speaker were to go it would still work but just sounds a bit rubbish.

My conclusion (right or wrong) is that there is no issue with the speaker and that it is the connection or the audio supply to the speaker

Has anyone out there had an issue with the Sub, any advise would be welcome.

Thanks
Peter

I take it that all the balance, fade etc are all set and the subwoofer is set to 0 as a minimum?

When connecting a speaker to the subwoofer, try getting another bit of wire and get the earth from somewhere else. It Maybe a broken wire?

I have just done a speaker test (ignition position 2, holding 1&3 then pressing on for sound test)

Work out the the Center, 2 rear doors and the Sub are not working !!
I only have front doors and rear shelf speakers that work

I am gutted, i like to have good sound and need a fix, Help

Racy Jace said:
I take it that all the balance, fade etc are all set and the subwoofer is set to 0 as a minimum?

When connecting a speaker to the subwoofer, try getting another bit of wire and get the earth from somewhere else. It Maybe a broken wire?
Hi Jason,

Tried that but as many speakers are not working I ***ume a wire or connection is no longer the issue :(

According to the manual there is a Amplifier Fuse in the Passenger under dash fuse box.
May be worth looking at this but where the heck is it ?

(found it and the fuse is fine)