What's new

Sunroof Isolation

fiery_jack

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen 2.0 SE Auto
Hello,

Wondered if any of you have any experience of isolating the sunroof so that the roof switch no longer opens it. I've had an issue with leaking seals on the sunroof so have just covered up the whole thing to stop the water coming in.

I've tried removing the 2 fuses which, as far as the manual is concerned, control it but removing the passenger side one seems to still feed power to the motor and removing the drivers side one seems to kill the power to the windows.

Anyone done this and if so how did you go about it?

thanks, Kev

I dont understand what you are trying to achieve? If you dont want to open then leave it closed.

If I wanted to do something like that, I'd disconnect the negative lead on the car battery, unscrew the bit that holds the sunroof button(s), cut the feed wire on the button(s), and wrap insulating tape round the loose wire

exec said:
I dont understand what you are trying to achieve? If you dont want to open then leave it closed.
Sorry I maybe wasn't completely clear in my post. Because I've sealed the sunroof I want to avoid the seal being put under pressure by the motor if the switch is used by mistake, hence the fuses idea. My wife uses the car too and the the switch is next to the interior light switch so was looking for a way to kill power to the motor without disabling the switch.

freddofrog said:
If I wanted to do something like that, I'd disconnect the negative lead on the car battery, unscrew the bit that holds the sunroof button(s), cut the feed wire on the button(s), and wrap insulating tape round the loose wire
Cheers, looks like I'll have to that to be sure.

thanks for the replies.