What's new

Sunroof Tilt and Slide?

TRS705

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 CDTI EX
I know it may a silly question but should the sunroof on a 2004 Accord be tilt and slide or just slide.

It's not actually that silly a question Tim :lol: and I got caught out by this too.

Yes it's tilt and slide. To tilt it you need to actually push the button back into the roof.. try it.

YOU ARE EFFIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was just a crappy slide sunroof all this time.

Just tried it now. :D

Please continue to ask stupid questions

Feel free to donate to the Faddy Fund for each person that discovers they have a tilt sunroof!!

YOU ARE EFFIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was just a crappy slide sunroof all this time.

Just tried it now. :D

Please continue to ask stupid questions

I got caught out with this as well until my mrs showed me. :D

Ha ha, I just done the same after over a year of owning the I didn't know it could do that i always wanted it to tilt but ive just settled with only opening it a little bit.

It took me 5 months to work out it tilted too. And I only realised it did after seeing members pics on here.

It then took me and hour of fiddling looking for blown fuses before I realised the button pushed in to make it work. :blush:

Matt

Thats what the dealers manual is for :lol:

i have the book, it still took me 6 months :D

Currently on page 143 of it making my way through. Got some exciting reading ahead!

Thanks for the info F6HAD. As with the other posts I have been driving around for over a year thinking It only slid back. Hopefully the sun will be back out tomorrow for me to try this out.

you guys have sun? Thought i'd gone blind this morning till i realised it was just the fog!

ah ha, i thought it was only a slide too, i will use mine today now i know, thanks for the info

Took me a while to figure that one out. But never use the sunroof anyway, just aircon. Really warm in London yesterday.

I have only recently found this out aswell after having the car for 18 months, and my mate having one for 4 years! I saw one parked up with the roof tilted, so thought mine must too, looked in the manual and no mention of tilt, only slide. So after getting frustrated pushing the button back and forward, just jabbed it and behold, the roof tilts!