What's new

Suspected Limp Mode - even has the Great Fahad stumped!

Chris56

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 I-CDTI Tourer
This is a puzzling one - I've been receiving help from Fahad, who has re-flashed the stg 2 remap onto my car and done a full diagnostics but problem still happens.

The car will occasionally refuse to rev above 2100 rpm and cruise control not engage. This normally happens shortly after startup and can be cleared by switching off and restarting the car. No warning light appears on the dash and nothing showed up in the error log when Fahad ran a diagnostic.

Car has had an EGR delete with blanking plate. I have removed the plate but has made no difference

If the car has been sitting overnight then the problem never occurs but is frequently happening when the car has been left for a short period of time (less than a couple of hours). The problem did briefly go away for a few weeks but then came back.

Last week Fahad kindly called round, ran the diagnostic and re-loaded the remap using different hardware. Since then it has happen about 5 times. Car feels fine on startup but then after a few seconds it will go into suspected limp mode. If I stop/restart the car it is fine for the rest of the journey

I will be taking it up to Fahad's when I have chance but this won't be for a few weeks.

Has anybody experienced something similar or can suggest anything else to try whilst I am waiting to see Fahad next? There must be something in the car that isn't liking the remap but without any logged errors its hard to work out what!

Stg 2 feels fantastic though - and wholeheartedly recommend Premier Tuning's services.

It's definitely some sort of an ecu glitch. I'm going to try some different software on it when I next see it. It's hard to solve when I can't actually see it happening at the time..

Thats what I hate about intermitant faults - I need it to happen when I see you and knowing my luck it will behave itself that day!
Its been pretty predictable over the last week though - should do it after a journey and I have left it a few minutes. Only difference this time is that it will rev fine on startup but then slip into limp mode when I set off

Mr Honda,
yes it has only happened since the remap. Im not sure about the fuel filter - I've only had the car for 5 months so not yet serviced it, but it has a full main dealer service history so I ***ume so. Could it be a fault with the fuel filter?
Chris

It's not a fuel filter issue Chris. We just need to arrange to get together when we are both free, i'm sure we can solve it.

Interestingly, I did quite a few short journeys yesterday and it stayed out of limp mode.

Seem to have got to the bottom of this now - the vacuum hose had detatched itself from the solenoid valve that operates the EGR.

This must have caused a drop in vacuum pressure that the ecu didn't always detect because the EGR had been programmed out.

Finders crossed this is all fixed now!

Thanks to Fahad for helping to diagnose this

Fingers crossed Chris