What's new

Swap 2.2 EX Auto Saloon for 2.2 Type-S Estate

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Guys,

Mulling over the idea of trading in the EX saloon for a Type-S Estate. Main reason is a £4500 discount off new cars due to the end of the Accord, but also need more room and better fuel economy over the Auto i have.

Question though:-

1. Does the Type-S come with electric tailgate open/close?
2. At 70-80mph what is the RPM level in 6th gear?

Cheers.

Jay

Go for it jay the type s is a lovely car mate and fully loaded.
I'm not sure on the tailgate and rpm but a great car and quick with the twin calipers that are brilliant.
I have these on my 2.4 and they stop on a penny mate.

Go for it jay the type s is a lovely car mate and fully loaded.
I'm not sure on the tailgate and rpm but a great car and quick with the twin calipers that are brilliant.
I have these on my 2.4 and they stop on a penny mate.

Its a good deal Brett! Just trying to find one in the right colour. I found out that the boot is electric as per the EX but still not sure on the RPM. I'm going to have to test drive one but I know as soon as I do that I will be sold!!

Something to consider jay the 8th gen tourer is a lot smaller than the 7th gen but a better boot space than the saloon.
At a choise I was after one in the 2.4 but soo rare indeed.

Hi James. I'll see what my manual does at 70mph tomorrow if that helps. I know its not much as its one thing I looked at when I bought mine. From Dudley to Manchester airport and back cruising at 80 I got 56mpg too.

Cheers Jace! I wish my auto would do 40+ but no chance.

And with the cold weather coming in again the engine sounds like a cement mixer!

Guys,

Mulling over the idea of trading in the EX saloon for a Type-S Estate. Main reason is a £4500 discount off new cars due to the end of the Accord, but also need more room and better fuel economy over the Auto i have.

Question though:-

1. Does the Type-S come with electric tailgate open/close?
2. At 70-80mph what is the RPM level in 6th gear?

Cheers.

Jay

Would recommend the 2.2 Type S Tourer :rolleyes:

Yes it comes with the power tailgate, not sure about the RPM (3000ish) but will have a look in the morning.

As for the MPG ours is sitting at around 43ish at the moment.

Cheers Maxis.

I would hope the rpm is lower than 3000? The auto returns 2500 rpm at 75ish which s prob the reason for poor fuel consumption.

Cheers Maxis.

I would hope the rpm is lower than 3000? The auto returns 2500 rpm at 75ish which s prob the reason for poor fuel consumption.

Yep just a bit out at 3000, you be doing 100 :lol:

Quick test this morning and 50mph (1500rpm) 60mph (1800rpm) 70mph (2100rpm) 80mph (2400rpm), so looks like its doing approx 300 rpm per 10mph in 6th..

Cheer Maxis

Still higher than expected. The wife's little 2.0 Tdci focus is running 2000 rpm at 80mph.

Wonder if this is why the accords are not as fuel efficient as the German counterparts.

Thanks Jace.

Been out an tested a couple of cars today except the Accord Tourer and the best so far was the VW Passat 177 very punchy and well trimmed in sport spec. I forgot how hard it is to decide on buying a car!

I didn't realise you were concidering leaving Honda. You'll have to let us know how the other makes compare.

A guy next door at work loves his insignia and I know the Mondeo has been highly praised too. There is a huge choice to choose from so good luck with that.

I didn't realise you were concidering leaving Honda. You'll have to let us know how the other makes compare.

A guy next door at work loves his insignia and I know the Mondeo has been highly praised too. There is a huge choice to choose from so good luck with that.

Interesting read! I wouldn't mind staying with Honda but they don't have any Type S tourers pre built and all the Ex stock cars within Honda UK are all auto's...........

I think I may end up going back to VW. Just gotta wait and see who has the biggest discounts.

For others out there Honda are offering massive discounts off ES GT's but I couldn't trade down.

Well still looking for a new car and cant get hold of a Type S or EX now in a tourer that has the large discount.

But on the upside I have demo tested a 2012 CRV (out going model) in EX 2.2 manual and must admit very very nice indeed. I clocked up 25 miles of town driving and still averaged 42.8 mpg. Not bad for a big car.