What's new

Swap pss for pss + sat nav

MrNotEnglish

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 i-vtec Ex Auto
Hi guys, short question :)
My friend has '04 2.0L petrol with PSS 6 CD changer, without sat nav. I have '04 2.4L petrol with PSS 6 CD changer, with sat nav. Is it possible to swap them without modding with wires (including moving my top display for ac temp to his accord)? Both of us have dual zone climate control. Do our headunits have any codes to input after disconnecting the power?
Thanks
Marcin

Not sure about the wiring but no codes so it would be straight forward to give it a go

Finally I found on polish forum they should be plug & play. I'll confirm tomorrow after I do the swap succesfully.
Cheers

Hi, they're not plug and play. Normal PSS could fit in my car instead of PSS with sat nav, but PSS with sat nav will not fit in car with PSS without sat nav, due to missing wiring. It's possible, but needs adding top display wiring, dvd drive wiring and maybe something else.
After all, my friend put his headunit (PSS without sat nav) back and connected it. Now it doesn't show any info about AC, radio tuner info plus cd audio info works, they're on display, but there is nothing about AC, direction, temp etc. Bottom of this display is blank :blink:
Anyone have an idea why?