What's new

T/C + VSA Light = No codes?

M-W

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord Type S
Hi Guys,

Got a bit of a strange problem with my Type S - Had the N/S/R ABS sensor changed, and all codes cleared - Now the T/C light is on instantly, and the VSA light comes on the first time the brakes are touched after going above 30.

Had the car on 2 different scanners this afternoon, one said brake switch failure (but brake lights still work), once that was cleared the lights were still on and no other codes came back up.

An hour later, and 2 battery boosters, still no codes other than battery voltage low which was caused by the battery dying.

Anyone have any ideas what's playing up? Didn't think the VSA units were fragile in the Petrol!

Had a quick search and there are 2 possible things, either brake light switch, or battery.

Cheers!

Either that or it needs the VSA system neutralising. I can do this for a small fee if you can get the car to me in Halifax. You need someone with access to a Honda HDS.

Just a thought - strange abs/tc error lights are often down to problems with the reluctor rings on the brakes.
I've no idea on the honda if the reluctor rings are on the disk or the driveshaft but it might be worth checking for corrosion and/or cracks - esp on the one with the failed abs sensor (on vw/audi front near side was the common failure.

If you have a weak battery get this replaced 1st as this can cause very odd things to our cars.