What's new

Tailgate rattle

crolandc

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
57 acc-2.2ictdi est
Hi, tailgate on my estate rattles on rough roads! not badly and only when ive closed it electrically, if i close it manually it's tight but i can feel a bit of give when done with electric. does anyone else have this(ever so slight ) problem? and can you adjust it? Cheers.

Hi cliff, what was the fix for this? My 06 type s tourer has started rattling!
Cheers.

You know, I wonder if mine does too. I mean between the worn front bushes, loose exhaust heat shields and child seat it's pretty rattly full stop, but I've always ignored the in-cabbin noise on account of the child seat (which is pretty noisy). But it does sound like it's coming from further back now I think about it. Would be interested to know what the elusive CJ wrote before he left.

From memory, there are two rubber bungs on the back of most car boot/tailgate that you can turn to adjust. Just turn them clockwise so they stick out more and take the slack.

Oh, like the ones on the front of the engine bay for adjusting should your bonnet not be sitting flush with the side panel. Awesome. I'll have a look when I get in the car after work this evening.

So I've fiddled around with those bushes and it seems to have improved it a lot. But, I have a question for other accord tourer owners: are the panel gaps on each side of the boot the same? It appears my boot its fitted slightly wonky, in that the gap on the left hand side of the car its smaller than the one on the right hand side, is this normal?

It will probably be because of those adjustable bungs. I'll have a look at mine tomorrow. I adjusted mine yesterday morning and it's made a big difference to in cabin noise :D .

How did you adjust them? Wind them out or in until the lights on the boot line up perfect with the lights on the wings? Or something else?
Thanks in advance!

I just gave mine a 360 degree turn anti clockwise (wind out) so they fit snugger/squeeze harder when the boot is shut. Didn't think to check for panel alignment, but will check tomorrow.