What's new

Terraclean diesel

This is the problem with additives - there are no independent long term test results available and the people using them are the guinea pigs. At best you can hope for a tiny little bit of improvement, a good result is just that no damage is done, but if your engine is knackered then that's tough luck.

I still remember when Slick 50 was the thing everyone should use - it turned out to be expensive snake oil with a hint of Teflon that can build up and restrict oilways.

That stuff "did" for my BMW R50. never again will I add anything to any engine unless the maker says ok.

adding two stoke oil to your diesel ?
so evn more crud than the heavy oil .
we have the terraclean machines at work we recently done an stype jag with 90k on and prior to the clean we drovbe from ath warks to reading back returning (motorway) 32 mpg after clean engine was quieter started quicker and returned 36 mpg on a 10 mile journey on b roads ... the people who we find say "it does not work " are the ones who havent had it done , those that have usuallt say "wow"

if any member wants it done call our workshop on 01827 768363 warwickshire 80 cash

^^ this man knows his cars and knows his stuff. I've met him and seen his workshop and even some of the collection.

That's a good deal

800jimbo said:
This is the problem with additives - there are no independent long term test results available and the people using them are the guinea pigs. At best you can hope for a tiny little bit of improvement, a good result is just that no damage is done, but if your engine is knackered then that's tough luck.

I still remember when Slick 50 was the thing everyone should use - it turned out to be expensive snake oil with a hint of Teflon that can build up and restrict oilways.
Like what it did to my BMW 500 BIKE, and it had to be stripped and rebored. If pouring some unknown "stuff" into an engine is your bag then sobeit, I for one will never go that way again. whoops there I go again repeating (must lay off the cucumber) LOL

Josh2109 said:
I would however love to see an old engine taken apart, showing all the crud inside. Then have it rebuilt, run through this process, then stripped again to see the results and directly compare to the previous photos.
absolutely