What's new

The Age Old MPG Question

nick 9-5

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer LPG
It's one thing seeing what it should do on paper, it's another thing as to what they do in real life. Just wondering how economical/uneconomical everyones Accords are?

Nick, will be interested in hearing what your running costs are. Always fancied an LPG conversion. Neighbour has an old v6 omega with the conversion and says it is far cheaper to run that his old 406 diesel. And he's pretty generous with the right foot :p

Nick, will be interested in hearing what your running costs are. Always fancied an LPG conversion. Neighbour has an old v6 omega with the conversion and says it is far cheaper to run that his old 406 diesel. And he's pretty generous with the right foot :p

If you werent in N. Ireland I could point you to a very nice place for LPG conversions, It seems that its come on along way on the last 5 years and if you have a big petrol engine or do lots of miles then its a guaranteed money saver

Nick, will be interested in hearing what your running costs are.

I can't wait either, this is the 3rd LPG car I've had. First one a Saab 9000 2.0 NA and a 9-5 2.0 Turbo. Will be interesting to see how it compares directly to both of them. I'm heading down to Cardiff at the weekend to watch the rugby so that will be a nice long run out.

When trying to decide whether to go diesel or petrol I priced a conversion over here and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. I think I was saving in the order of £500 a year over the diesel including tax differences. But there were literally no petrol accords for sale over here when I looking. End up going for diesel.

What sort of range do you get? Ideally I'd need around 600 miles which I don't think was possible. Theres only one filling station directly on my daily commute route, and they have a monopoly and charge what they want.

What sort of range do you get? Ideally I'd need around 600 miles which I don't think was possible.

Did my first fill up today so time will tell very shortly. As for LPG only range there is no chance of 600 miles, even with the largest tank fitted to the smallest vehicle I don't think that would be possible. However obviously there's the petrol tank aswell, fill them both up and you'll go for many many 100's of miles.

Did my first fill up today so time will tell very shortly. As for LPG only range there is no chance of 600 miles, even with the largest tank fitted to the smallest vehicle I don't think that would be possible. However obviously there's the petrol tank aswell, fill them both up and you'll go for many many 100's of miles.

We get about 600 miles between fill ups on our 1.4 berlingo which has been running for the last 10 years on lpg but that has a 100 L tank behind the seats.
The only problems we have had in that time were an exploded inlet manifold made of plastic and a replacement ecu last year. Shes just ticked over 140k. The best and worst thing we found with lpg was they appear to be hard to sell on we paid £2000 for this van at 3 years old, which is around the cost of a conversion alone.

I normally get between 45 and 50mpg from my 2.2 diesel, but I have at one point got just over 60mpg from purely motorway driving at 70mph. It all depends on your driving.

I say just drive the car, enjoy it and don't worry about the MPG :lol:!