What's new

The Fault That Fixed Itself

Shiresy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Tourer
Ok so today I changed a weeping hose, it was the one that goes from the vacuum pump to the connector just above it, its about 6 inches long, anyway the job went well until I started the car and drove it, everything was fine it was idling ok no problems, then I slightly revved it and bing bong the engine light came on and there was a strange noise a bit like a trumpet but much quieter, this didn't last very long, so I got in and tried to drive off, it was flat as a pancake it was in limp mode but I had to go somewhere it was only a mile or so so I limped there, when I got back in the car it started fine but the engine light was still on, off I went and to my surprise the car drove perfectly, I drove to another location did what I had to do when I got back in the car again it started ok but the engine light was still on, as I was pulling out of the parking space I heard the trumpet noise again but only for a second or so this was the point when the engine light went off and normal service was resumed, I have since been all over stopping and starting and the fault has not returned, all I can think is that the vacuum circuit has been disrupted by me removing the hose and the ecru acted on.

What do you guys think

Pop a code reader on and see what the error was. Even if the light has gone off, the code will remain until someone clears it