What's new

throttle jumpy

sta

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0i ES Coupe
Lads,
Whats causing the car to jump forward at a slight touch of the throttle, and then throws me forward at a slight release of throttle. Accord, why u no smooth?
Had throttle body taken off and cleaned btw.

cheers for any suggestions

Does your RPMs behave the same when in neutral and you touch or come off the throttle i.e. rev up?

Maybe an issue with the Idle Air Control Valve or an injector (stab in the dark to be honest)

Is this Auto or Manual?

Sticky accelerator cable?

Does your RPMs behave the same when in neutral and you touch or come off the throttle i.e. rev up?
Maybe an issue with the Idle Air Control Valve or an injector (stab in the dark to be honest)
what i was thinkin, took it off and cleaned, no joy. in neutral... like, when its idling at say 900-ish, try to give a romantic touch of gas and it jumps slight to say 11-1200

Is this Auto or Manual?
manual, ... and it may be just two overlaping problems same time, but if going first gear no throttle pressed, just by itself, then going into throttle (easy) it feels as if the engine pulls and after that it hits the box and throws the car forward, (and thats with minimum throttle, then when take foot off gas, engine slows and right after box smashes into it and throws me forward (we are still talking "a bit" here, im not being violently bashed gainst the interior, still tho it just kills the smooth.

Sticky accelerator cable?
hmmm, doesnt really feel like it. pedal is smooth, when taking off idle air valve for cleanin...(just stumbled and thought, maybe it is too, might try and pull it from pedal end, maybe foot is just no good to feel it on the pedal). may be a separate thing again, but feels like gears are bit harder to go into then im used to from other cars. second gear especially. -release bearing, and maybe springs on clutch plate making for the gearbox jumping in and out?

If it's hard to get into gear it could be that the clutch is not disengaging fully.