What's new

timing chain on cdti

spudowen

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord cdti
Hello all, can anybody tell me a recommended milage to get the timing chain done on the cdti. Ive just gone over the 72k mark, i service the car every 10k (oil,oil filter, fuel filter) I just want to try and plan ahead abit as I can see it being a relativly big spend.

cheers mark

Hi Mark, it's not a servicable item like a timing belt.

If you are maintaining a good service regime and using 0w/30 fully synth oil, there is no reason to think you will need to change it. Some very early 2004/05 Accord's suffered from the timing chain problems, but they should have been rectified by Honda under extended warranty.

Hi Mark, it's not a servicable item like a timing belt.

If you are maintaining a good service regime and using 0w/30 fully synth oil, there is no reason to think you will need to change it. Some very early 2004/05 Accord's suffered from the timing chain problems, but they should have been rectified by Honda under extended warranty.

Are quality, just what i wanted to hear! yep using 0w/30 fully synth and gen filters mines a facelift 06plate so should be ok.

timing chains are not normally needed to be replaced and should last the life time of the car.

but i have heard stories of some cars having shoddy timing chains, Toyota i think which were narrow or something and prone to breaking or such.

my brother had to replace a chain on a 05 ish Micra, probably from lack of service on the car i guess.