What's new

To part exchange or not part exchange that is the question

Awesome! See you at the Churchillian meet then (if Adam ever picks a date :D ).

The price of a clutch replacement is definitely £850 and that is Honda Happiness prices and I have read (on here I think) drivers have had to change clutches even after that because of the common problem. And yes timing chains on any car not just the Accord (thats why they issued ex/warranty) do snap without warning as do turbo failures. To be fair to some Honda dealers they have been very good with replacing the timing chain if you can prove there is a rattle but if a dealer says there is no rattle what do you do?.
I had the clutch on my 07 Diesel Tourer replaced last August at Hendy Honda in Portsmouth and it was £621. That is a Honda fixed price for all clutch changes regardless of model & year.

I had the clutch on my 07 Diesel Tourer replaced last August at Hendy Honda in Portsmouth and it was £621. That is a Honda fixed price for all clutch changes regardless of model & year.
Prices all changed this year I think:
http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/partsandservicing/fixedpricerepairs/

Thanks for that info but I am all sorted now.
When I phone a couple of weeks back I was quoted £850 as per link http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/partsandservicing/fixedpricerepairs/
Good to know Hendy does it for £621 though.

I was once told all warranty work should be customer led (when I was a service advisor) .If the salesman suggested that you should have the chain done then its all well and good for you but if Honda found out they were doing warranty work without it being the customer booking it in, they would end up in a whole world of doo-doo form Honda. Sounds to me like their workshop was quiet and they wanted some service work in..

I was once told all warranty work should be customer led (when I was a service advisor) .If the salesman suggested that you should have the chain done then its all well and good for you but if Honda found out they were doing warranty work without it being the customer booking it in, they would end up in a whole world of doo-doo form Honda. Sounds to me like their workshop was quiet and they wanted some service work in..

Looking back maybe I just didn't explain it very well. when I said he got the technician in it was at my request. The salesman merely asked about the timing chain (maybe he noticed something was wrong) as it was for part exchange as soon as he mentioned timing belt it was me who asked if someone could check it over then he got the technician in to look at it. Sorry for confusion. As far as I am concerned the dealer I took it to before could not have checked the timing chain because the noise was obvious when the technician pointed it out to me. Besides the dealer has to send back proof (so I was told) to Honda UK that there is a problem. So I wouldn't worry about any doo-doo from Honda, it's all cool here.

Wise choice Barry, I'm glad you're hanging on ;)