What's new

Too many miles to remap?

Trelfy1

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
I fancied getting my ICTDI remapped, but my local garage reckon it’s done too many miles (125000). It has full Honda service history and runs really well, but I feel it needs a little bit more power. Anybody got any experience with tuning higher mileage Accords?

125k on an ictdi is barely run in mate. I still tune these regularly and they're always well over that sort of mileage now. As long as it's a decent example that has been well maintained, it will be fine.

Fahad did mine at about 132,000 and still running strong another 8,000 miles later with no problems. I was also unsure about the remap but best decision I made. Fahad is the best person to go to. Excellent service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grayedout said:
Fahad did mine at about 132,000 and still running strong another 8,000 miles later with no problems. I was also unsure about the remap but best decision I made. Fahad is the best person to go to. Excellent service.
Still on the original clutch?

Sounds like I need to get in touch with Fahad! I’m not sure if mine is still on the original clutch, but It drives with no issues.

Mine is at 172k miles and still drives spot on although never had mine remapped.
Agreed, 125k miles is nothing for these engines, its psychological in many peoples minds that when an engine reaches the magical 100k mark its dead. lol.
When in fact its totally the opposite.

Always budget in a new cluch/dmf if remapping as eventually down the line you will require it as it will start to slip very soon due to the upped power.

accord_n22 said:
Always budget in a new cluch/dmf if remapping as eventually down the line you will require it as it will start to slip very soon due to the upped power.
That's what I was warned. I could afford the £200 remap but £800-1000 for the new clutch/DMF was more than the car cost me.

Fahad remapped mine at around 70k miles and its still on the same clutch at 160k now. Due to the extra power it will put more load on the clutch however especially if youre a hard driver so you should budget to replace at some point

I think I want to get mine remapped but I understand your upcountry somewhere Fahad? Im right down on the south coast so it might be a bit far!

My cars on 116k and the clutch went on at 104k so I'm guessing I should get plenty of life out of it even with a remap. Would you recommend any additional upgrades to the engine to go with the remap like a pipercross air filter or something? Would be nice to hit the magic 200bhp but in a 9 year old car that's probably pushing it a little!

I do cover the uk and am down south at the moment. Dropped you a PM

I asked about adding some power to my accord which has ~320k kilometers (dont know how much in miles sorry) and guys said that clutch and most important is to know if timing chain and oil chain was changed. If not they dont recommend to do it

Timing chain has no bearing on whether to remap or not. A full diagnostic healthcheck is more important to establish the health of the engine.