What's new

Top dash display problem 06 Accord tourer

Njb5000

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord tourer
Hi I've got a 2006 cdti Accord tourer and just recently the small thin top middle dash display has started playing up, it sometimes goes of completely sometimes flickers and if I tap the dash up by the display it flickers on and off. It's annoying as the dual climate and radio is shown here and is useful can Anyone help please thanks Nick.

It happens because the heat from the sun gets to the ribbon connector on the circuit board

You have to lift up the centre of the dash (easy to do) then remove the circuit board and re-flow the solder on the connector

This post shows how to lift the centre of the dash --> http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1383-hft/?p=19836

the rest f the post is about the HFT module (which also gives problems for similar reasons), the display circuit board is behind that

This has happened to mine too. It works temporarily when it's extremely cold or extremely hot outside. Thanks for the heads up.

it started happening on mine just under a year ago, it's now so bad that the display is off most of the time (particularly when the windscreen has been in the sun for a few hours). Banging it doesn't bring it back on now either. But the display is always on when the weather is cooler and the car heater is off. That's why I think it's temperature related.

Whether it's temp related or not, wouldn't switch cleaner on the connector work ? or reflow of the solder ?