What's new

total power loss 2.2 idtec

Whiteakita

Members
Reaction score
Car
2009 accord idtec
hi all, my car has just lost nearly all power where it will barely pull away and top speed of 25mph.
i have checked fault code which is p0402 egr high flow.
does anyone know what this means and how to fix it ?
im guessing the egr valve is blocked and needs cleaning, ive looked down the back of the engine and it looks a real pig to get at.
there also seem to be 2 egr valves 1 on the left and on the right of the engine.
i have had limp mode in cars before but nothing that has taken away as much power as this, it would not drive up a incline.
any help would be great.

Yep diesel fumes coming into cabin is a symptom. You'll notice it when idling at traffic lights then with airflow produced from car moving it will go away

Mine was leaking when I bought it a while back but the car still drove okay, just fumes all over the place. This must be something else, or a combination of faults, not too helpful I know.
Does the turbo whistle when you accelerate?

Yep mine was also leaking when i got it. If yours is a bigger spilt then its probably to much so it's thrown a code. I would think if the split is bigger then you should be able to smell the fumes as mine was quite bad with a small split and no code

Not seen this before on an idtec. I believe it means your egr is stuck open and not closing properly. Has the ecu been messed with? Dpf or egr removed? Drop me a line if you want to book for a diagnostic session

Mine failed an MOT due to a cracked EGR pipe. The local main dealer wanted over £400 to replace it. I got Honda UK to authorise a free of charge replacement given that it’s a known fault. Apparently they’d extended the warranty on that part. I was just a couple of days inside it. Phew. Didn’t have any noticeable loss of power, but did see a drop in fuel economy and noticed a nasty smell of diesel fumes in the cabin.