Tourer Rear Camber Correction?

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
Hi Guys,

As rear camber seems to be the hot topic at the moment, I was looking at mine and wondering if could be straightened without spending too much money (the top of the wheel has the usual inward lean after my lowering). However, the rear suspension on the tourer is different to the saloon and I'm not sure if there's really anything on the market for it. This is the Lings page for my rear suspension, and I've copied the image to this post, but I'll be honest, I don't know which part is actually related to camber.

B__2900.jpg

If anyone can give me some more details, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The box marked 18/19 is the top arm shortening or lengthening this will alter your camber if that helps.

Hmm, that's not easily feasible is it :unsure: . Guess I'll keep rolling with stance :lol: .

What about the ball joint at the end of part 18/19? Do you think an adjustable ball joint is a possibility (like you can do with the front camber)? Alternatively would shortening part 9 work?

Hmm, that's not easily feasible is it :unsure: . Guess I'll keep rolling with stance :lol: .

What about the ball joint at the end of part 18/19? Do you think an adjustable ball joint is a possibility (like you can do with the front camber)? Alternatively would shortening part 9 work?

Steve, don't bother. My camber is now running at -1deg3' with the drop. Seriously, this is not enough to warrant a correction. The primary thing to watch is toe - if the toe is good camber will become less of a issue.

Oh and the balljoint is part of the arm, looking at the arm (physically) I don't think the two can be separated.

Cheers Jason.

before I lowered my tourer I've searched english,polish and us sites and I didn't find any camber kit for tourer, now when I'm lowered I know that my rear camber is negative especially with loaded boot, but tbh I didn't noticed any excessive tyre wear on the inside, but good luck with your search or just don't bother ;-)

Steve since I have moved my caravan to a all year site and don't tow my inside tyre wear has been fine.
But I will still be getting my cambers fitted at the WIM meet as I have already got them.

Well, I wasn't bothered by the rear camber until recently noticed that rear right wheel has very much camber. Alignment showed almost 2deg. (not lowered or loaded), rear left is about 1.1-1.2, which is fine.
I don't like the look of the wheels, like | \ ... and I'm not sure that new rear arms ($$$$$) will fix the problem.

After some digging, it appears that the front/rear suspension on the Tourer is basically the same as Honda Odyssey 1st gen. 1995-1999 (except the ARBs):

Accord Tourer:
b0dbddee644a6d98f01498715262b843-1056x527.gif

Odyssey:
ff4f549b7a8b04f6479e0674a3886903-1025x527.gif

So I will be ordering some rear camber kit for the Odyssey (US ebay), and will post a picture when fitted.

Actually, the 4x4 system is also the same as on the JDM Accord CM3.

cheers,
Alex

That's really good to know. Hopefully they'll be a correct fit.

cusco and silk road are the only japanese manufactures for the odyessey camber arms.

i looked in to this a while back, but i sold my cm1 now.

a slightly cheaper alternative is to run a prelude 1997- SPC adjustable balljoint that will press in to the oem rear arm. US import job that, i found that out from a honda odyessey forum

Haha, you guys should count yourselves lucky.

My tourer's got about 2.5 degrees of negative on each side.

I'm reckon that everything just shifts as the bushes wear. The solution's probably to replace all the worn bushings, but since my mileage has just dropped from 2500 a month down to around 250, I'll just let it kill a cheap pair of rear tyres every couple of years. Just not economical to fire the money catapult in its direction now.

I think I've seen your post on fb? but it seems that odyssey and tourer parts are slightly different, don't know if it matters but tourer upper arm part number is 52390-SED-003, where odyssey is 52390-SX0-003