What's new

Tourer Vs Saloon

darkside80

Reaction score
Car
bmw
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have found the information here really useful in narrowing down my search for a new car. I've finally decided on an accord after test driving a saloon (2.4 auto) to replace my bmw

My dilemma is; with a small family (currenly one 3 yr old) the saloon should be fine. However if circumstances change and another child comes along will the saloon reach its limit regarding capacity? I prefer the look of the saloon and there are certainly more available second hand compared to the tourer (petrol only).

Anyone have the saloon and wish they had gone for the tourer?

thanks in advance

I own a saloon, and its huge. I once ever 6 weeks run my window cleaning poll system out of it and it all fits in easy, I carry about 70 ltrs of water and a 7 foot poll with all the other stuff i need. I have carried 5 adults in it and they never moan about leg room either. Also i have been on holiday and fitted 3 suit cases and the missus large collection of shoes with no problems. so space I never felt is an issue. Depends if you got dogs, I would get a saloon for those beasts if they exist in your life. :lol:

The 8th gen is a big car but I do miss the height in the boot that you get with a tourer

Well, I've a tourer and my brother a saloon. I specifically wanted a tourer after borrowing the saloon on many occassions.

Now, I too am a family man with 3 kids aged 3,4 and 6 - the amount of stuff we drag around the place is unreal. Between bicycles, buggies, wet gear, etc and there's probably a dog gonna join soon. The tourer is much more suitable for this type of stuff as you can simply chuck it all into the boot (including bikes) - so for me it was a no brainer. Rest ***ured as they get older we'll be dragging even more stuff.

And to think I'd a 325Ci before the tourer! :eek:

Thanks for your replies.

I'm coming from a 320 tourer hence the debate. I think the extra space of the tourer means that my wife just chucks everything in the car when going away for weekends etc. At least with a saloon she may have to be more selective in her shoe choices!

I do put my bike in the bike a fair bit but i think a towbar mounted rack for the saloon should solve that problem.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have found the information here really useful in narrowing down my search for a new car. I've finally decided on an accord after test driving a saloon (2.4 auto) to replace my bmw

My dilemma is; with a small family (currenly one 3 yr old) the saloon should be fine. However if circumstances change and another child comes along will the saloon reach its limit regarding capacity? I prefer the look of the saloon and there are certainly more available second hand compared to the tourer (petrol only).

Anyone have the saloon and wish they had gone for the tourer?

thanks in advance

Easy solution - dont have another child :lol:

Like you - I had this dilemma - my youngest is just over two, but believe me, I am glad I stuck with the saloon. I have two kids, they fit in the back just fine and with all the cr ap of theirs I have to lug around.

I had a 320 touring and now a Accord touring, I really like the look of the estate and love the space, you dont have to worry. I have one 3 year old and one due in April plus the dog!

Guys are we talking about 8th gen or 7th as there is a huge differance in the tourer

I've looked at the 8th gen tourer and compared to my 7th gen it seems pitiful, it's the main thing that's putting me off, is the size deceptive or summat?

I've looked at the 8th gen tourer and compared to my 7th gen it seems pitiful, it's the main thing that's putting me off, is the size deceptive or summat?

I have just got my New 2.4 Saloon and I love it. Used to have Toyota Avensis Hatchback.
Surprising how mush room there realy is in the Honda

Tourers for the win Baby :D .

In my opinion the there is no competition. The tourer simply swallows up whatever you want to put in it. I've never not fit all I wanted in it and I've never had to play boot Tetris either ;) . The 8th gen saloon I had as a courtesy car good, but I could never have coped with the reduced boot space. I'll probably be in a tourer until the Boy's grown up.